Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

So, what do you buy at costco?

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:24 PM
  • 21 Replies

I'm debating getting a membership (we had one years ago but let it lapse when my son stopped using diapers).

I'm curious, what do you buy at Costco, and do you think you really save any money when you factor in the $50 membership fee?

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DeLaLi
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Well, it's only once a year that you pay the fee so it's biggie, but it all depends on how much you use and convenience. For me, I prefer to purchase stuff I use a lot of such as some dairy products, bread, fruit, pasta and some sauces. The lotion, bath soap, dish soap, wipes (for DD and and us) last so long when purchased at Costco. Those things don't take up much space too, which is another factor. I tend to buy lots of fruit so I'll buy some there then go to a regular market for more since I'll have to go for veggies, milk, bread and meats. I buy meats there, but I rather buy smaller amounts every week or so due to freezer space and to mix it up a bit.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:13 PM

We don't have one locally.

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:14 PM
I use Sam's club, not Costco.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grneyedormom
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Toilet paper, milk (2 gals/$4.35 the last time I was there), fruits and veggies, frozen chicken breasts, bread, butter, laundry detergent, tissues, etc.
poshkat
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:20 PM
We don't because we don't need to but my dad buys oil, office supplies, and other stuff for himself there.
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Quoting Janet:

We don't have one locally.

Us either.I think Sams Club is a hour away

1frog
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Nothing, there is no Costco's near me. But I do have a Sam;s Club. I use it for paper items and some cleaning supplies mostly, so I can stock up. Also, when I buy soda, I get it there. Sometimes I get meat there and just divide it up to freeze. If it's worth it or not to you it would depend on what you buy in bulk and how many times a year you would go.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I have been thinking of Costco but currently have a Sams membership!

thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM

We have a Sam's Club here, but I gave up my membership because it wasn't worth it to me to have one, I barely went. I'm curious how the two compare to each other however, in what products they carry.

LLisaA
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I do remember that Costco's products seemed to be better than Sams' products.  I heard that if you know someone who has a membership they can buy you a gift card and you can shop there without a membership, but you can also tour the warehouse (I don't know if you can buy anything, I don't think so) but before I bought a membership I did a walk through, I just can't decide if it would really be worth it for me.  Half of me thinks getting one would save money just because I wouldn't be going to the little grocery store every other day and impulse buying crap because I went in for toilet paper or shampoo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)