Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Bitty Baby... are they really worth the cost?

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 79 Replies

My 3 year old has been begging for a Bitty Baby for Christmas.

Are they really worth the crazy cost just for a baby doll? I've heard the quality is top of the line. I'm just hesitant to spend a fortune on a baby doll! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Eh not sure!

reche1978
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:02 PM

wow for me there to pricy I would rather buy my girls a couple other baby dolls and it would still be cheaper

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Its up to you. If I have the money and my kid wanted it really bad then i would get it. You only have one life to enjoy. Nothing wrong either if you don't want to. I got my daughter a bitty baby when she turned 3. She plays with it but isnt crazy about it. I plan on getting my one yr old hers when she turns 3. Maybe 2. We will see. She is my little girly girl. Its a great keepsake too.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Clubpenguin
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM
My dd's love theirs. I got the twins and they each got one. I made this same post last year at Xmas.
splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Yeah, they are pricey :( 

Quoting reche1978:

wow for me there to pricy I would rather buy my girls a couple other baby dolls and it would still be cheaper

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:44 AM

I was afraid about investing in one & her not having much interest in it. Hoping I can use it to get her excited about baby sister on the way.

Thankfully my friend has one from when she was younger & she looks super good for her age (just a few spots missing of the paint on her head). She sent me pics tonight & said dd can have it for free. I'm so excited! 

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Its up to you. If I have the money and my kid wanted it really bad then i would get it. You only have one life to enjoy. Nothing wrong either if you don't want to. I got my daughter a bitty baby when she turned 3. She plays with it but isnt crazy about it. I plan on getting my one yr old hers when she turns 3. Maybe 2. We will see. She is my little girly girl. Its a great keepsake too.

chefmartha
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Both of my girls have Bitty Babies that they got when they were about 3-4 years old. Affectionately named Patty and Penny theywere well loved and now have a seat of honor on my girl's beds even though they are well past the age to play with dolls. I forsee them possibly being handed down eventually to their own children.

Which reminds me. It's time to send them to the dolly hospital for some doctoring. Penny has a loose arm and Patty has a wonky eye. Both fixable.

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Aww that is great! DD doesn't like the twins because of the hair. Fine by me.. I don't want to have to deal with the upkeep! lol

Quoting Clubpenguin:

My dd's love theirs. I got the twins and they each got one. I made this same post last year at Xmas.

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:53 AM

I love that they have the hospital! You may be able to fix the arm yourself for cheaper though. I know I read something about that online. 

Quoting chefmartha:

Both of my girls have Bitty Babies that they got when they were about 3-4 years old. Affectionately named Patty and Penny theywere well loved and now have a seat of honor on my girl's beds even though they are well past the age to play with dolls. I forsee them possibly being handed down eventually to their own children.

Which reminds me. It's time to send them to the dolly hospital for some doctoring. Penny has a loose arm and Patty has a wonky eye. Both fixable.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Do you have  a pic of a Bitty Baby?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)