Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shopping on Thanksgiving

Posted by   + Show Post

Seems like this is the new thing to do.Do you shop on Thanksgiving Day?holding gifts

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:41 AM

You know what? Its a free country and we are all entitled on what we wanna do with our lives and nothing is wrong. I worked in a hospital for 11 yrs and most of the time i worked thanksgiving and christmas day. If you work at a store that requires you to come in at night and work then frickin do it. If you can't handle it then quit. you know what your getting yourself into when your hired. I personally do think its stupid for it to be the day after thanksgiving but it is what it is. And people do it and get great deals! Im a price freak and keep track of stuff that i like all year round. Only things i wont buy are electronics because they are crap at the black friday sales. not the price but the quality. Stuff doesnt work.i have saved alot of money on great stuff for my family and kiddos and making them happy is whats important.

ambermario4ever
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Yes I do. But I do it from my couch on my computer.

pinkcsmtlgy
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Our local grocery store is only open until 11am and if I need something that is the only place I will be shopping on Thanksgiving.

othermom
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Not usually

precious54
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:38 AM

no but my mom does

mom2the.rescue
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM

no, I usually eat on Thanksgiving.  For fun, I look at the ads with the family.  When we get home and put the kids to bed, I might go online and buy stuff...but that's sooo not what the controversy is about.  This year, I'm really nervous.  I have part time job at Kmart to help pay for Christmas (and our debt we've made) and I know they're going to put me on the schedule.  I begged 'em to put me on for the morning but they said that's when everyone wants :(  My family is not going to be okay with this...

stykir
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM

i don't shop on thanksgiving or black friday (or if i go out friday it's in the afternoon when it's slower!) there's nothing out there that's worth getting into the crowds and fights and crap that happens on those days (plus i think thanksgiving should stay a holiday that you can spend with family)

i do WORK on both of those days though. I'm not in retail but we're open 365 days/year so since my husband IS in retail and has to go in about 10 pm thanksgiving night, i work in the evening too while my kids spend the night with my parents. 

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM

No I may go later on Friday evening though.

AnnaMess
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Not if I was given a lifetime supply of a million dollars!

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:17 PM

No.  I stay away from stores on Holidays

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)