Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Shopping on Thanksgiving

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

Seems like this is the new thing to do.Do you shop on Thanksgiving Day?holding gifts

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:00 AM

We went late that night last year just bc the Black Friday sales all started really early. 

Mrs.Velasquez
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:13 AM
2 moms liked this
No, I do not support them. It upsets me that people actually go and encourage the stores to open. Thanksgiving has become about sales and getting "deals" instead of being a day for family and giving thanks. My husband had to work last year, it was the first time he had to miss thanksgiving dinner with us. It just wasn't the same.
adove01
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:48 AM
When I worked at sears it was bad enough going in at midnight to finish setting up the sales that started at 5 am. I hate the fact they start the sales thanksgiving day.
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Sometimes but it's usually online.

fudgybuddymom
by Linda on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:18 AM

No,it's a Family Day & I don't feel it's right to shop on such a day!

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I never leave my house on Thanksgiving day or Black Friday. I love staying home and being with my kids and no where near the crowds
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I try my very best not to. Sometimes people try to drag me and we are always visiting family out of state so it's hard to get out of it.
Shaybay218
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I agree...not only that the sales are not all that great and they have a limiited supply on certain things like electronics...yearly sales to me are better and besides I shop online and I have finished xmas shopping!

Quoting Mrs.Velasquez:

No, I do not support them. It upsets me that people actually go and encourage the stores to open. Thanksgiving has become about sales and getting "deals" instead of being a day for family and giving thanks. My husband had to work last year, it was the first time he had to miss thanksgiving dinner with us. It just wasn't the same.

MichelleMc
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Kmart has had a Thanksgiving day sale ( and Black Friday sale ) for years ( Like 20 years, I looked to make sure I remember it has been years & years & years ). This is nothing new. They aren't even a grocery store. People always act shocked like this is so new or something. My company we work 24/7 365 & we aren't retail or a nurse/hospital, etc. Then my husband was military & has missed a lot & not talking when he was deployed, just talking about general going to work & serving duty. 

I have gone out & I have stayed home.

I work Thanksgiving, the day after, Christmas eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve & New Years Day this year. It is what it is. People only seem to care about Retail people & how they have to work oddly. 

Phylis419
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:43 PM

No, TG is for food and football. ha ha ha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)