Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does it annoy you

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 22 Replies

Does it annoy you that stores seem to forget about the fall and go from summer straight to Christmas?

Walmart and Target have slowly be adding Christmas decorations to their aisles for weeks. They have both already expanded their toy departments. Hobby Lobby has had Christmas stuff up since the end of July. 

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas, but it just seems like every year, retailers creep closer and closer to the summer with their holiday goods.

All the while Halloween, Thanksgiving and Fall stuff are delegated to small sections. 

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2Sparrows4ever
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM
3 moms liked this
Hallowthankmas
2Sparrows4ever
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Yes, it annoys me
TheDoctorsWife
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM
It's very annoying
needsomefriends
by New Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Yes! Very much so
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Yes, yes it does.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM

It sure does.

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Yes very munch so
SoInLove515
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Not really actually.
othermom
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Yes it is kind of annoying. They have had christmas trees out the last few weeks.

luvnature
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:07 AM

where I am, walmarts has just started to put out their Christmas stuff and their toy department is always the same year round. the one store that really bugs me is our local Dollarama which has had their halloween stuff out since the middle of July and by the end of August, all the summer stuff was gone from the shelves. I have not seen Christmas trees set up yet in stores, but by Friday almost all the stores will have them around here. The first Christmas parade of the year in the city 45 min. south of where I live is on Nov. 9.  The parade in my town is on Nov. 23. 

At this time of year, I'm ready for Christmas and that is what I look for when going to stores. If my dh didn't stop me, the house would already be all decorated for Christmas and my tree would be set up lol. I am starting to decorate the house Nov. 3.  Our thanksgiving has come and gone and I'm not big on halloween. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)