Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you ever feel as if...

Posted by   + Show Post

...you are putting your family WAY before yourself? I do not mean this to be a negative, but I do believe sometimes it is. I am asking simply because lately I think I have been doing this. I have been trying to make DH and DD happy and ensuring they were ok, but I have been putting myself last. I realize this has been taking a great toll on me both physically and mentally. It is easier keeping DD well and happy. It is a little harder with DH due to our differences. Overall everything is ok, but today I changed things around a bit.

I decided to make sure DH got up and got DD from bed and did the morning duties with her while I slept in for a change. I think I am going to enforce this more often. I put dinner to cook in the crock pot and I took a nice little stroll to get my hair done. I think I will be doing this more often as well. I definitely am starting to feel better! I'm a SAHM so I think I need to get out more often with or without the family. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Replies (31-40):
CookiePwnz
by New Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I do it all the time. So much so that I start to break. It's important that I take a day or two to myself otherwise my aggravation radiates into everything I do.

mommy2girls0506
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally have been where you are.  I always put myself last I never do anything for myself and it gets to me all the time.  I'm a SAHM too and I totally feel I don't take the time for myself that I need to.

Garnet131
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:20 PM
I can relate to this. I have only been out of the house by myself 3 times in the last 6 1/2 months. My husband does the same thing to me about the constant texting while I've been out. Also, with the coming back home to chaos. We have a 2 year old and a 6 1/2 month old. Just wish I could ENJOY some time ALONE! It's almost not even worth it to take some time away when you're constantly hounded while being out. Then, you have to come back home to crying kids who aren't happy with the way Daddy does things and an untidy house with toys everywhere and food all over the place.

Quoting scoleman828:

I went out by myself for the first time in 5 months this past Sunday. Though, dh texted me every 10 minutes for the 4 hours I was gone and I came home to a mess in the house so it really didn't help much. I don't think I'll be doing it again anytime soon. It just made me feel like I was not able to enjoy the time and needed to rush to get home. Then, when I did get home I was just behinf on chores and had to stay up half the night to be ready for the week.. I miss adult interaction and peace & quiet but it was not worth the stress after the fact.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I often tend to make DD and DH happy before I do myself.   I rarely enjoy my me time as I always feel rushed to get back home.  But I find ways to treat myself once in a while !!  You have to !

DeLaLi
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mommy2girls0506:

I totally have been where you are.  I always put myself last I never do anything for myself and it gets to me all the time.  I'm a SAHM too and I totally feel I don't take the time for myself that I need to.

We have to do more for ourselves.

CafeMom Tickers
DeLaLi
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Quoting Garnet131:

I can relate to this. I have only been out of the house by myself 3 times in the last 6 1/2 months. My husband does the same thing to me about the constant texting while I've been out. Also, with the coming back home to chaos. We have a 2 year old and a 6 1/2 month old. Just wish I could ENJOY some time ALONE! It's almost not even worth it to take some time away when you're constantly hounded while being out. Then, you have to come back home to crying kids who aren't happy with the way Daddy does things and an untidy house with toys everywhere and food all over the place.

Quoting scoleman828:

I went out by myself for the first time in 5 months this past Sunday. Though, dh texted me every 10 minutes for the 4 hours I was gone and I came home to a mess in the house so it really didn't help much. I don't think I'll be doing it again anytime soon. It just made me feel like I was not able to enjoy the time and needed to rush to get home. Then, when I did get home I was just behinf on chores and had to stay up half the night to be ready for the week.. I miss adult interaction and peace & quiet but it was not worth the stress after the fact.

DH discusses having a second child from time to time, but oh heck no. Not until DD goes to kindergarten so I can rest a little.

CafeMom Tickers
mommy2girls0506
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Quoting DeLaLi:

Quoting mommy2girls0506:

We have to do more for ourselves.

We do but yet I still always put them first... I always tell myself to stop

mom2K4
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't feel guilty for wanting time for yourself. It's normal. I'm glad your thinking if yourself sometime and a little . Me time should be a priority every once in a while for the sake an running of the household. 

If mom's not happy, no one is...........

Garnet131
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I can definitely understand that! I just wanted my kids to be close in age! I just have to keep reminding myself that they are only little for so long and that these years will fly by!

Quoting DeLaLi:

Quoting Garnet131:

Quoting scoleman828:

DH discusses having a second child from time to time, but oh heck no. Not until DD goes to kindergarten so I can rest a little.

DeLaLi
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Quoting Garnet131:

I can definitely understand that! I just wanted my kids to be close in age! I just have to keep reminding myself that they are only little for so long and that these years will fly by!

Quoting DeLaLi:

Quoting Garnet131:

Quoting scoleman828:

That's very true. I just couldn't handle two little ones. I'm alone so it's tough.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)