Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever feel as if...

Posted by   + Show Post

...you are putting your family WAY before yourself? I do not mean this to be a negative, but I do believe sometimes it is. I am asking simply because lately I think I have been doing this. I have been trying to make DH and DD happy and ensuring they were ok, but I have been putting myself last. I realize this has been taking a great toll on me both physically and mentally. It is easier keeping DD well and happy. It is a little harder with DH due to our differences. Overall everything is ok, but today I changed things around a bit.

I decided to make sure DH got up and got DD from bed and did the morning duties with her while I slept in for a change. I think I am going to enforce this more often. I put dinner to cook in the crock pot and I took a nice little stroll to get my hair done. I think I will be doing this more often as well. I definitely am starting to feel better! I'm a SAHM so I think I need to get out more often with or without the family. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Replies (51-56):
adi29
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes they do need time to themselves. If you cant take care of yourself as well then you will be no use to them

Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 1, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel like I WANT to put my family first! I have a hard time even buying clothes for myself but I realize I need to start taking care of myself and my wants/needs! It will make my family better! All about balance!

DeLaLi
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Quoting Pammi86:

I feel like I WANT to put my family first! I have a hard time even buying clothes for myself but I realize I need to start taking care of myself and my wants/needs! It will make my family better! All about balance!

I wish I can always put them first without getting overwhelmed, but I'll eventually get tired. I went a long time without doing much for myself and I think it'll be better doing it more frequently.

CafeMom Tickers
christina259
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting arwalters:

I get caught up with the playdates, homeschooling, and field trips and though I do love to interact with other moms, that's nice, it is very important to meer to get some down time alone. I sometimes stay up really late b/c I can't get enough of the quiet lol but that makes for a cranky mommy in the morn so I'm trying to cut down on that habit. I recently took up knitting and it's nice, kind of calming. I also read a lot or try to when I have time. It's easier to knit and multitask than reading, that way ds still has my attention. Don't feel bad about taking breaks! Taking care of our own needs will keep us more equipped for taking care of our families

I do that. Stay up late because I enjoy the quite time. I am soooo tired  but I enjoy my"me" time so much I figure its worth it to lose a little sleep. I get carried away with my hobbies and don't know when to call it quits. Since we had a baby though, every time I try to stay up after the kids go to bed, I just can't seem to stay awake. Little one is a year old and still not sleeping through the night so I can't  semm to stay up late even if I wanted to. I do miss my free time. I get grumpy when I'm away from my hobbies to long. I feel this need to always be making or creating something. Since I don't have time to do my oil paintings anymore I have been trying to learn crochet. Never realized how many cute baby things you can make. Right now I'm making a teddy bear using a loom. There is something relaxing and calming about it and I love the end result. 

christina259
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:53 PM

All the time. The worst part is they don't even seem to notice.

famiglia_bella
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Take care of you or you won't be able to take care of them long term.  It's okay and never selfish to do things solely for you.  Yea, you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)