Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My Children's behavior

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:54 AM
  • 10 Replies
Hi. I'm a working mother of 4 ages 11,9,7,and 2.5yrs old. My big dilemma is that my 11 yr old is driving everyone crazy. I feel that our home has become very hostile. Everyone yells at each other and I don't know what to do to fix it. I feel lim everything I do fails. I even feel like I'm becoming depressed. I really need some advice/support.
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Made5
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Mobile Photo

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell him you're sick of the yelling, if he wants to yell and be rude he can sit in his room. I have an 11 yr old too. I feel your pain.

momtodab
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Well my kids aren't that old yet just 4 almost 5 and a just turned 4yr old and 9 months. But my best friend has an 11yr old and I think its just a milestone. I'm not looking forward to it. :( I think you need to find a punishment that will work for that child. And anyone who screams. In our house if you yell at someone you get a chance to say sorry and not do it again and if it happens again they lose a toy until they can earn it back. Obviously for an 11yr I would imagine that may not work lol but something like it.Again I'm not there yet....I wish you luck! I have a 4 yr old dd who thinks she runs the house. She is ddriving me crazy! Lol
Made5
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Thanks mom to dab. It seems at times that we r all yelling because the situations gets crazy. My 11 yr old likes to make everyone unhappy. He constantly aggravates the other kids to the point of them screaming. He could be sweet and nice at times but that doent last. Part of me knows it is a milestone but as a parent I worry if I don't do something. We r all going to loose our minds. I did take his play station away because both him and my husband were so addicted I wouldn't see them hardly ever. He was mad at first but knew I had warned him. After that he became more playful with the kids. Getting better grades at school and less aggressive. But now it has been 3 months and he is back to the disrespect. I can even have a conversation with the other kids in a different room without him budding in to say something mean or desredpectful.
precious54
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

tell him that you won't take his yelling

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this
you have entered the lovely tweens era. I'm getting close too. You have to keep the attitude in check is all I can offer as far as help. I had to tighten the grip on my DD & 0 tolerance for bad attitude.
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Those transition years from little kid to big kid are tough. Add in puberty and it can definitely be a rocky time.

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Hugs! Do you have any friends and/or family nearby for support. Sometimes extra helping hands can go a long way towards more harmony.
Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:33 AM

I feel you.  My 7 year old is ... I don't even know, what to say about  him... sometimes he can be so sweet but others he is so hateful.  His moods can change so quickly at times.  Sometimes I am truely afraid of what he will do or become.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Hope things get better....I feel like I'm in a game sometimes myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)