Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How old where you kids when they started truly wondering if Santa was real or not? 

My almost 5 yr old heard at school that and I quote "Santa is not real, mommies make him up to make us be nice"

HAHA i about chocked on my drink but still... i was so adamant about Santa being real and i don't want him to get mad at me if he figures out its a lie... lol 

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Replies (31-35):
mommy2girls0506
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

If all else fails that's what i do too :-)

Quoting momtodab:

Its super hard being a parent. It sucks. Lol I'm just lost. I guess ill tell him to ask his daddy lol

Quoting mommy2girls0506:

I have two DD's my oldest 8 has been questioning it for a few years but still believes in him... I asked her the other day and she said lots of kids at school say he's fake but she still believes.

My hubs feels it might be time to tell her but he's on the fence and so am I... We don't want her to have her holiday ruined by the truth and she's a really smart kid she questions things and i feel bad for making up fibs to tell her and specially when i'm real big about lying... It's like I'm lying to her and then telling her not to lie ugh it's so hard being a parent.

I think the worst with me is my dad.. He and my oldest daughter have this thing they do (started it when she was little) and it's "I believe" he'll talk to her and he'll ask her what are the two magic words? and it's that... It all deals with Santa well the other day I was talking to her and I asked her about it and she was like "Do you know what my present is"  Turns out my dad had bribed my child by saying she'd get a present... So yea I have a big issue with that and it's about to get ugly.  My hubs after that is more leaning to telling her cause he was was pissed when he learned my dad had done that.... But we have a 6 year old and we don't want the older one saying something to the younger one...

arwalters
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:26 AM
I've always been on the fence about what to say about Santa, because we're very religious and want the focus to be on Jesus. However my dh was raised not to believe in Santa from the get go and I think he lost something b/c of it. It's weird but his parents, the same people who raised him that way, now very much encourage ds to believe in Santa and we've gone along with it. However I try not to lie either. Santa was a real person and I tell ds the story of St Nick and how his actions help start the tradition of selfless gift giving. Yesterday ds, who is 4 btw, asked me of the tooth fairy was real and instead of answering outright, I asked what did he think? He said he thinks the tooth fairy is real and puts a penny and a new toothbrush under your pillow when you lose a baby tooth. I thought, what an awesome idea lol, but I'll probably leave a dollar with the brush instead of a penny lol. I'm terrible at lying and always try to avoid so these things are tough for me, lol
momtodab
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Last night i spoke to my dad about it, he told me about a story "Virginia there is a Santa Clause" and i got it online and read thru it. I cant believe i had never seen it, its a great story I WILL be reading. It focuses on it so its not a flat out lie its about Christmas spirit! I cant believe i didn't know this!

Quoting arwalters:

I've always been on the fence about what to say about Santa, because we're very religious and want the focus to be on Jesus. However my dh was raised not to believe in Santa from the get go and I think he lost something b/c of it. It's weird but his parents, the same people who raised him that way, now very much encourage ds to believe in Santa and we've gone along with it. However I try not to lie either. Santa was a real person and I tell ds the story of St Nick and how his actions help start the tradition of selfless gift giving. Yesterday ds, who is 4 btw, asked me of the tooth fairy was real and instead of answering outright, I asked what did he think? He said he thinks the tooth fairy is real and puts a penny and a new toothbrush under your pillow when you lose a baby tooth. I thought, what an awesome idea lol, but I'll probably leave a dollar with the brush instead of a penny lol. I'm terrible at lying and always try to avoid so these things are tough for me, lol

turtlelips
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:52 AM

My 7 year old still believes in santa. He asked about santa a year ago and I told him that if he believes in him then he is real.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Nov. 2, 2013 at 5:07 AM
1 mom liked this
My oldest son was about 7 when he came to the conclusion that Santa wasn't real. Didn't seem to bother him much, as long as he still got presents
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN