Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
What kind of face washes and lotions and makeup are you using?
My facewash much be made differently or my face has changed cause its just not working anymore.
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Replies (31-40):
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:20 PM

The best wipes I found for ake up removal believe it or not are at my local dollar store ... they cost $1.25 for a pack of 50 wipes.  They are hypoallergenic and they work great !!!  As far as face wash I use a product called Spectro Gel it's a soapless face wash.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Try Clinique.

Quoting momtodab:

i tend to have oily skin so some harsh face washes don't work well for me? I plan to read all the ingredients of ones I'm seeing but I'm not sure... if i go one night without washing my face i will usually break out. My skin is sensitive and just plain weird...I'm thinking some of it is still from being pregnant and BF, I'm hoping anyways cause its been all weird.. my normal face wash I've always used just isn't working... 

Quoting Janet:

Lot of women like Philosophy. It's too harsh for my skin though.

Quoting juno1:

Love the Philosophy face wash.  I've been using it for years.  I love the moisturizer as well...  but just as good if not better for moisture, organic Avocado oil and or Coconut oil...you can get those right at the market!

momtodab
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Oh ok. I've nevet heard of that.

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

It's a moisturizer that you can use to lighten up the dark spots on your face. They also have soap and some other products.

Quoting momtodab:

Ambi? Whats that? 

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

I like Oil of Olay for face wash and moisturizer. I also like to use Ambi because I still have the "pregnancy mask" so I use it to even out my skin tone. For makeup I just use drugstore varieties like Cover Girl, Revlon, Maybelline etc.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I use bar soap.

WILDCATGAL78
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:13 PM

They tend to advertise it with the "women of color" section(s).

Quoting momtodab:

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

It's a moisturizer that you can use to lighten up the dark spots on your face. They also have soap and some other products.

Quoting momtodab:

Ambi? Whats that? 

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

I like Oil of Olay for face wash and moisturizer. I also like to use Ambi because I still have the "pregnancy mask" so I use it to even out my skin tone. For makeup I just use drugstore varieties like Cover Girl, Revlon, Maybelline etc.

momtodab
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh ok. I saw this. Then I saw some post in another group about it. Thought that was strange never heard of it and now I'm seeing it talked about on cm lol. Learn something new every day :)

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

They tend to advertise it with the "women of color" section(s).

Quoting momtodab:

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

Quoting momtodab:

Ambi? Whats that? 

Quoting WILDCATGAL78:

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I use something thats store brand from Target.

cupcake_mom
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I use off brand st ives, but i add a few drops of tea tree oil to it and then also take a cotton.ball wet it and add 2 drops of tea tree pull to my problem spots. It made it a bit worse at first but after the first week or so i started to see it clear up.
cupcake_mom
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Oh and i don't normally use lotion on my face. And i have worn make up 4 times in my life, my sr pics, my prom, my bf at the times prom.and my brothers wedding and it was done pro every time so idk what kind it was
preacherskid
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Home made face wash, sugar scrub once or twice a week, baking soda and oatmeal scrub once a week.  My skin is so sensitive those are the only washes that don't eat my skin.  Makeup, Mary Kay Timewise.  Again, the only thing that doesn't eat my skin- all other make ups, even "hypoallergenic" or sensitive skin formulations will result in raw skin patches on my face.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)