Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 2 yo is scaring me

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:39 PM
  • 6 Replies
My dd will be 2.5 in November, and lately when she goes to sleep she has to pull her blanket over her head and sometimes bury her head under her pillow. She can't breathe very well as I can hear her labored breathing and she also gets all sweaty. Besides taking her blanket and pillow way, what else can I do to keep her from doing that? Her blanket is a single fleece kind and her pillow is an adult size, but very flattened. I've talked to her and told her that its dangerous to do that and that she will get too hot. She doesn't do it for naps, its just at night.
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Little kids sleep in all different ways lol I wouldn't really worry. I wouldn't think she would actually suffocate herself, but I guess I don't know, and as for being too warm, some kids can sleep through that and some wake up and uncover a bit. As far back as I can remember my dd has wrapped her blanket around her face and head and never straggled herself, I don't really worry.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:56 PM
2 moms liked this

My 10 year old sleeps like his Dad head under and feet sticking out!

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Is she able to explain why she is doing it!
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Sorry that was supposed to be a question mark.
mama_luv4
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM

My almost 5 year old DD does the same thing. Usually during naps she says that it is because she cant sleep if it is not dark. At night, I thonk it is more of a fear of the dark. She feels safer that way. When she falls asleep, I chesk on her and she is usually uncovered. I wouldn't worry either.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Hope things will be ok....keep check on her...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)