Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Did I do the right thing?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 4 Replies

I live in a foreign country where I don't speak the language.

My local friends mentioned to me about the Halloween party/trick or treating at a teacher's place. One of them even asked me to donate money to a gift she is buying for the hostess. I didn't understand much because of the language barrier, I didn't know if the party was private or if everyone is welcomed to the neighborhood, so I went ahead and asked the hostess (teacher) 'How did this trick or treating at your neigbourhood work'? 

She said to me that innitially she had planned only her kid's friends to be at the party but then words spread and then now it becomes a big party. She also mentioned that the party is not opened to everyone in the class but if I want to bring the kids I can.

I understand that she only want certain number of people to be there and I want to respect that. I also have other plans for the kids. I only asked her because I thought may be the party is opened to everyone and I don't want the kids to miss it since a lot of the kids they know will be there!

But now I feel like I was a little pushy by asking the teacher about her party:-( Is my feeling rational? I Also wonder why people would ask me to contribute money to some party I wasn't even invited. I wonder why they didn't do they homework before they ask for money?:-(

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Personally I wouldn't attend that party and I would not give any money. You were more 2nd hand invited which isn't even right for them to do.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:40 PM

It would be up to you...not sure if I would go or not...

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:50 AM

If you have other plans I would just skip the party. It doesn't seem like they are very inviting. 

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 4:29 AM
1 mom liked this
It sounds like the other people were in the wrong. I think what you did was fine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)