Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Right or wrong ?

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 22 Replies

So the other day I placed an order online from a clothing store ; they had camis on sale originally $12.00 they were marked down at $4.95 ; I bought 2.   Received them and they did not fit.  The actual store is pretty close to where I live so I figured instead of paying postage to return them and waiting for the credit I'd just fo there.  Well the girl scans them and they scan in at the full price ($12.00 each) ; she offers me a store credit of $24.00.  And I took it. 

The other day my MIL in law had the opposite she bought something then found it on sale after for 1/3 of the price and I told her to do what I did and she was like "NO NO NO I couldn't do THAT"   (Like it was wrong)

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Original post being said ... once the girl gave me the in-store credit I started shopping ; OMG there were racks upon racks of clothes on liquidation !!   Including my In store credit I bought : 1 knit sweater, 1 really cool t-shirt, 1 criss-cross top and a pair of shoes for $30 taxes in.  BOOYA

Mommy4000
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's really that big of a deal. Think of all the people that did buy it at the regular price of 12.00. The store makes profit, regardless of markdowns. They aren't going to mark something lower than what they paid for it right?

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah that's not right it's stealing u didn't pay that munch so u shouldn't get that munch
famiglia_bella
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I wouldn't do it either.  I'd feel like I was stealing if I didn't point out that I paid less than the full price.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I'm on the fense about that - evidently if I would have bought them in the store I would have paid them the full price ... hence, getting screwed vs buying on line.  + I paid shipping on those.  And then, I figure that if they are still making profit while selling them at $4.95 ... they are probably worth $1 a piece. Given how ridiculously maked down all those things were in the store ... I'm not feeling guilty to tell you the truth but I was curious to get people's opinions and thank you for being honest !!

Quoting Paigesmommy78:

Yeah that's not right it's stealing u didn't pay that munch so u shouldn't get that munch

definecorrupt
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Hell yeah I'd go for it!  They still make a profit,  The money is already in their system so all your doing is trading one irem for the other.

In fact, I'd evenconsider ordering more to return them at the store for full price!  

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

hahahahah I have to admit that thought did cross my mind too !  

Quoting definecorrupt:

Hell yeah I'd go for it!  They still make a profit,  The money is already in their system so all your doing is trading one irem for the other.

In fact, I'd evenconsider ordering more to return them at the store for full price!  

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

You got a good deal!

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I am not sure.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure what I would do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)