Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So the other day I placed an order online from a clothing store ; they had camis on sale originally $12.00 they were marked down at $4.95 ; I bought 2.   Received them and they did not fit.  The actual store is pretty close to where I live so I figured instead of paying postage to return them and waiting for the credit I'd just fo there.  Well the girl scans them and they scan in at the full price ($12.00 each) ; she offers me a store credit of $24.00.  And I took it. 

The other day my MIL in law had the opposite she bought something then found it on sale after for 1/3 of the price and I told her to do what I did and she was like "NO NO NO I couldn't do THAT"   (Like it was wrong)

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Replies (21-22):
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:33 AM

No,  Why do they sell the shirts a $4 on line and $12 in the store ?  And should I have also not bought the stuff at 50% off in the store or offer to pay the full price when it's on sale ?  Now I"m wondering if I didn't get screwed on the other stuff I bought on line.

Quoting unsuspected:

So ... it's only wrong if you feel bad about it?

Quoting Jinxed8:

I work in the export industry and I know roughly what kind of mark up they take on clothing ... I can assure you that I don't feel guilty at all about the whole $14 difference.  Plus I'm thinking I evidently would have gotten screwed over if I bought them in the store at full price instead of shopping online.  So overall, nah, I don't feel guilty. It's not the same as taking the wrong change back from the casheir at the store and then you know it'll have to come out of her pocket because her cash doesn't balance ! 

Quoting ladysteeler:

It depends on you if you think it right or wrong.  I have come across what you did as well and felt guilty afterwards.

unsuspected
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM
I was more quoting the woman you quoted "it depends on if you think it was right out wrong. "

I've already given my opinion on it. If you're wondering about over paying on merchandise, don't shop there next time. But taking back money you never spent is not a "return" it is taking something that does not belong to you.

Quoting Jinxed8:

No,  Why do they sell the shirts a $4 on line and $12 in the store ?  And should I have also not bought the stuff at 50% off in the store or offer to pay the full price when it's on sale ?  Now I"m wondering if I didn't get screwed on the other stuff I bought on line.

Quoting unsuspected:

So ... it's only wrong if you feel bad about it?

Quoting Jinxed8:

I work in the export industry and I know roughly what kind of mark up they take on clothing ... I can assure you that I don't feel guilty at all about the whole $14 difference.  Plus I'm thinking I evidently would have gotten screwed over if I bought them in the store at full price instead of shopping online.  So overall, nah, I don't feel guilty. It's not the same as taking the wrong change back from the casheir at the store and then you know it'll have to come out of her pocket because her cash doesn't balance ! 

Quoting ladysteeler:

It depends on you if you think it right or wrong.  I have come across what you did as well and felt guilty afterwards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)