Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Five or six year age difference

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:10 PM
  • 17 Replies
Honestly, what are the pros of having children five or six years apart?
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
britmichele
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know yet, but I plan to have my 2nd when my first is 7-8 :)
DearMommy4
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

There are 8 years between my 3rd & 4th , I love it. The older kids are so good with her and I always have free babysitters:) The only thing is she is growing up to fast!

DeLaLi
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:42 PM
What is your reason for waiting?

Quoting britmichele:

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest and youngest are 6 years apart. They play really well together. I have another son in the middle though. He is 4 years older than my youngest.
britmichele
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
My son will be 5 next week. He has downs syndrome, so he's behind. My bf and I plan to get married late next year, and then buy a house, and then have a baby :) so I guess I'm just getting a little control of my life now. But mentally, my son should be 4-5 when the baby is born, so that's a good gap, IMO :)

Quoting DeLaLi:

What is your reason for waiting?

Quoting britmichele:

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:30 PM
My boys are almost 9 years apart. I didn't want that big of a gap, it just happened that way. I figured with the gap, each kid would get all the attention they needed as a baby/toddler. Also, the older one would be able to help out with his younger sibling. My plan sort of backfired because they fight like 2 year olds and they are 12 (almost 13) and 4. And they both seem to want all of my attention when I'm doing something with/for the other.
splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:24 AM

My kids are 2 months shy of 5 years apart. Its really great but can also be really hard too. I felt like I was able to enjoy all of the baby/toddler stage with my son before I had to focus on a new baby. He was so great with her when she was born. He was always my little helper. But, now that dd is 3 they mostly just fight lol. It was hard when dd was first born because ds didn't understand why we couldn't do a lot of things like go to Six Flags, movies, etc. 

DeLaLi
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Yea, I'm not really counting on Azy to help if I have a second, but I am not looking forward to fights. I know it'll happen, especially if her personality doesn't change (which is another reason I want to wait...she has a strong personality).

Quoting Mommy2Boys0900:

My boys are almost 9 years apart. I didn't want that big of a gap, it just happened that way. I figured with the gap, each kid would get all the attention they needed as a baby/toddler. Also, the older one would be able to help out with his younger sibling. My plan sort of backfired because they fight like 2 year olds and they are 12 (almost 13) and 4. And they both seem to want all of my attention when I'm doing something with/for the other.
DeLaLi
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:33 AM
That's something I thought about too; going through another period of not being able to do things with a baby/young toddler.

Quoting splatz:

My kids are 2 months shy of 5 years apart. Its really great but can also be really hard too. I felt like I was able to enjoy all of the baby/toddler stage with my son before I had to focus on a new baby. He was so great with her when she was born. He was always my little helper. But, now that dd is 3 they mostly just fight lol. It was hard when dd was first born because ds didn't understand why we couldn't do a lot of things like go to Six Flags, movies, etc. 

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids are almost 7 years apart. DS is a huge help with his sister. He can go grab things if hands are full, help load the car, watch her for a few minutes while getting something done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)