Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How old is too old to trick or treat?

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:21 AM
  • 73 Replies

Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on the age a child should stop participating. I have one nephew who stopped at about 10. Another nephew is 12 and doesn't plan to stop any time soon. I know some people say 8-10 is when they should stop. I fear there are not many more Halloweens filled with trick or treating left for my oldest! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Steph1499
by New Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this

My son is 11 and he is going.  I think it depends on the kid.  My 13 year old did last year but she is going to a haunted walk this year.  I have no issues with pre teens or teens trick or treating.  if they are then they arent causing trouble.  :)

grambo91
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Eye roll. Who cares!? These should _____ be allowed to trick or treat posts are getting ridiculous.
ladyluke2007
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Does it really matter?  Mine went out until they thought they were too old to go.  Kids grow up to darn fast.  Let them go out as long as they want to.  Life is too short to get all worked up on something like this.

Lovin' Wife of John & Proud Momma to Ashley-26 (Lovin' Wife to Pat & Momma to Liam, Helen & Caroline), Matt-23,Tim-22,Tasha-20, Becky-19, Davy-16, Tommy-11 & Elijah-4yrs. & Gramma of Sarah-6, Liam-4yrs. & Nathias-17mos, Helen & her twin Caroline 1 yr..

mommy5912
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:40 AM
My son stopped on his own when he was 12
splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Oh I don't have an issue with older kids going either. I was just curious what other moms thought. 

Quoting Steph1499:

My son is 11 and he is going.  I think it depends on the kid.  My 13 year old did last year but she is going to a haunted walk this year.  I have no issues with pre teens or teens trick or treating.  if they are then they arent causing trouble.  :)

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:45 AM

I was just curious when other moms had their kids stop/the kids chose to stop. Who is getting worked up? 

Quoting ladyluke2007:

Does it really matter?  Mine went out until they thought they were too old to go.  Kids grow up to darn fast.  Let them go out as long as they want to.  Life is too short to get all worked up on something like this.

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:45 AM

First one I have seen in here.. 

Quoting grambo91:

Eye roll. Who cares!? These should _____ be allowed to trick or treat posts are getting ridiculous.

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:46 AM

I think my son will be one of the stopping on his own types too. Hes always been mature for his age. Makes me sad! I wish they stayed little longer! lol

Quoting mommy5912:

My son stopped on his own when he was 12

Lilith.23
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Meh I'm 20 and i still go trick or treating. Mainly because i still pass as a 13 year old and yay! This year my kids are having their first halloween.
Who cares, free candy, beautiful costume and children and adults all full of joy and sugar i say never stop!
grambo91
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:51 AM
No. There have been posts about babies, toddlers, "fat" kids, and also teenagers. It's stupid. The holiday is supposed to be fun. Loosen up..

Quoting splatz:

First one I have seen in here.. 

Quoting grambo91:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN