Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How old is too old to trick or treat?

Posted by   + Show Post

Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on the age a child should stop participating. I have one nephew who stopped at about 10. Another nephew is 12 and doesn't plan to stop any time soon. I know some people say 8-10 is when they should stop. I fear there are not many more Halloweens filled with trick or treating left for my oldest! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Replies (71-73):
splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Wow that is crazy! How do they reinforce it? 

Quoting cupcake_mom:

If you lived where i live your nephew could possibly get a class 4 misdemeanor if he was caught out next year. 12 is legally the last year they can Do it here. But if a 16 year old comes to my door in costume and is polite i wool give them candy.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow... I have a friend that lives in that area & never knew that. Apparently people have far too much time on their hands lol

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Hampton roads va. its like that in all the cities included in the hampton roads area
cupcake_mom
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Idk

Quoting splatz:

Wow that is crazy! How do they reinforce it? 

Quoting cupcake_mom:

If you lived where i live your nephew could possibly get a class 4 misdemeanor if he was caught out next year. 12 is legally the last year they can Do it here. But if a 16 year old comes to my door in costume and is polite i wool give them candy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)