Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Labor Soon?

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:47 PM
  • 7 Replies
Okay so ive looked up everywhere and have had a hard time finding a answer to my question. To all of you previous moms or anyone who can help. I am 37 weeks and 5 days, i am 2 cm dialated and 60-70% effaced as of monday. I am getting really hot lately, slightly sluggish and i barelly sleep and i find myself more uncomfortable then usual. Ive been having just a sharp pain down below when i move in wierd ways mostly when im sleeping but in the past week i have been getting alot of cramping like pains.Also i feel the baby all the way below, like he has dropped. I am just wondering does this mean i could be going into labor soon?
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
crystalplus1
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Could be, but this could also last a few weeks. lol, the last few weeks of pregnancy are no fun

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Oh the last weeks are the worst, sounds like your baby is getting into position, hopefully not too much longer. Hang in there!

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like the baby is getting in position.

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Honestly there is no telling. I sat at 2 cm for well over a month with my youngest. Labor is just one of those things you can't really predit. What might be a sign for one woman isn't for another. Or it could even be different between each pregnancy you have. 

On the up side... not too much longer to go! :) 

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Quoting crystalplus1:

Could be, but this could also last a few weeks. lol, the last few weeks of pregnancy are no fun

Did you have problems the last few weeks of your pregnancy?I never got tired of it!
crystalplus1
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:44 PM

My blood pressure spiked and i was super swollen. And some how, even though he was 9lbs he could still flip and did it regularly. Those are my only complaints. lol

Quoting johnny4ever:

Quoting crystalplus1:

Did you have problems the last few weeks of your pregnancy?I never got tired of it!

mileysmom331
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:47 PM
I've been that way since 37 weeks I'm 39 well 40 Saturday except I'm half a centimeter 30 percent effaced and -2 1/2 station as of last week :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)