Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Some parents! (piog)

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:54 PM
  • 16 Replies

my son is doing t ball. Well i run the dugout.Which means i get the kids ready to bat by making sure the have helmets on and go out when it is there turn. When they come back from batting i take bats so as they are not playing with them and hurting each other. I make sure they put helmets away and put on caps and find their gloves so they are ready to go back on the filed when out team is completely done batting.I make sure the ones in the dugout are sitting on the bench and not pushing one another, playing in or throwing the sand (or other objects),or running around. This is not a easy job. There are 11 children ages 4 and 5 and only one of me. Well last night a parent lost it. One child handed me his batting glove when he got back to the dugout. I was holding it while getting other children ready. When another child (this is the child of the parent who lost it) who we will call E came up and tried to take the batting glove from me. So i nicely said thats not yours. Later when it was our teams net time to bat the mom of E came over to give him some water. Well i was trying to get the kids ready to bat and it was E’s turn so i went over to him and gently tugged on the sleeve of his shirt to get his attention to let hime know to go bat since it was his turn. Well E’s mom flipped out and started yelling at me right there in the dugout in front of all the children. “you do not need to touch my son. You should not be pulling on my son.” For which i nicely said i did not touch your child just the sleeve of his shirt and i did not pull him. Then she continued to yell. ” You also should not be yanking things out of my child hands and telling him them they are not his. he was not going to take it. he doesn’t need to take someone else’s glove.” Mind you she was no where near the dug out when the thing with the glove happened she was in the stands and saw from a distance. So she saw what she wanted to see not what really happened. So i told her she did not need to be acting this way in front of all the children. And i let her know i did not take anything from her son or out of his hands. That i was holding it and he tried to take from me and i told him it was not his and he just walked away. Some other parents and grandparents that where sitting right there at the dugout told her so was being disrespectful and rude towards me. And she told them no i was disrespectful to her child and that they saw what happened. They told her yes we did and it did not happen the way you said. At this point i told her if she did not like how i was doing in the dugout then she could do it. She then walked away and did not come back. She sent E’s dad over to get him at the end of the game. I talked to the coach after the game to let him know what happened so he would not just get an angry email from her. He said he was not surprised as he has had other problems with her. Sometimes i wonder what others are thinking. What made her think it was ok to act that way in front of small children? Or act that way in public? I was shaking after wards because i hate confrontation and really disliked being yelled at especially since i did nothing wrong. I have been told be many that there is always that one parent and i guess this time it is her. I hope things go better at tomorrow nights game. Maybe i will be lucky as she wont come. I hope no one else has had such a bad experience at one of their children’s sporting events. I do not feel i did anything wrong. I would love to know what others think though. do you think i did anything wrong?

Sarah      10-16-06                                     Luciano 11-27-08

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I don't think you did anything wrong.

MichelleMc
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

You didn't do anything wrong at all. This is what is wrong with society. Parents with this you can't touch or talk to my child complex. If you want to be that way, do NOT put your child into ANYTHING where you can't be up their behind the entire time. I was team mom ( doing the same as you ), Scout leader & maybe other things to help out as my son grew, so I understand childish parents. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 31, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

She sounds like a loon. You didn't do anything wrong.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:39 PM

You didnt do anything wrong

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:07 PM
If I am to be honest, I think you were wrong to tug on the sleeve of a child. That would bother me. That still doesn't make the other mom's behavior ok though. Sounds like she has issues. If someone tugged on my child's clothing, I would let it go but if it happened more than once, I would contact you privately and ask that you not do that.
JTE11
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think you did anything wrong. And I'm actually surprised that at a children's sporting vent there was only one jerk parent. Usually they come in clusters. If she didn't want anyone else telling her kid what to do and what not to do then she should have been in the dugout, like you told her. Just another parent with an attitude, raising a future maladjusted adult.

MichelleMc
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this

I just find it comical that she thought tugging on his shirt was a big deal. Sporting event, loud children, I mean, lets get real people. Pulling him by the hair to the plate, sure. People are way too over sensative & really go too far. 

precious54
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband use to be the dugout Dad for my sons t-ball so yes I understand what you went through. You did not do anything wrong.

ambermario4ever
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:13 PM

BUMP!

precious54
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:14 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)