Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

D and C and abulation

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM
  • 14 Replies
So I went to dr and he said I need a D and C. He also suggested an abulation. Have any of you had one, if so love it or hate it? Need info please. Thanks in advance
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Not me. I've had a d&e once. I hope everything is ok.
splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I don't have any info but here is a bump!

Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I know someone who needed one. I do not know your situation but it was tough. Good luck!

Bertha21
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 3:56 PM
I don't even know what you are talking about
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Never heard of abulation

achorney
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Had an abulation.

Best thing I've ever done for myself.

They told me, 10% chance never a period, 25% nothing happens, and 65% it's better.

Man, is it better.

It's like... before I used a pack of pads in four days, now I use pantiliners. I thank you, dearest doctor. I finally feel free again. 

achorney
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Oh, by the way... the procedure... They gave me sedatives for before i went, kept me nice and calm, the actual procedure lasted less than an hour and hurt really intensely for about... 15 minutes. 

After I went home, I didn't bleed anymore. i took pain pills for the evening and then I was back at work the next day.

I got my first period 4 months later. It lasted 3 days, I barely bled. So different.

And the best fifteen minute pain I've ever been through for all the good that came out of it. It's worth it. it is.  

celestegood
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Thank you for sharing! I wonder, though-how do you get this done? Do you have to get a doctor to ok it, I have had issues with finding a doctor who would tie my tubes in the past.

Do you have to have medical reason for getting it done? I assume you we're super heavy before?

Sorry if this was too personal.

Quoting achorney:

Had an abulation.

Best thing I've ever done for myself.

They told me, 10% chance never a period, 25% nothing happens, and 65% it's better.

Man, is it better.

It's like... before I used a pack of pads in four days, now I use pantiliners. I thank you, dearest doctor. I finally feel free again. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
achorney
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:59 AM


I started with abnormal bleeding when my son was about 3. 

He was 11 when i had it done... long time. We tried birth control, D&Cs, mirena, prayer, snake oil, and still I bled. I floated through my life on a red river of ridiculousness. Twice I went to the hospital for passing out.  My Gyn told me one day, you have some choices left but we're out of treatments. It's ablasion, hysterectomy, or deal with it.

Deal with it wasn't working for me. Neither was a hysterectomy. I'm in my 30's. Too young, i felt.  I was diagnosed with non specic menstrual bleeding, excess, meaning I don't have fibroids, I don't have cysts, cancer, cooties, and they can't find anything else wrong with it but i bleed like I've been murdered every month.

It was his idea. There are different ways of doing it, none sound pleasant, I promise, but we settled on electricity. It sounds Medieval, it does. But you really don't feel much at all.

The doctor can do it. It's fast, there's little down time, and it's a fraction of the cost of true surgery. With insurance, my procedure cost $60.

If I had any more children, I would name them after him. If I could, of course.

I can't. That was part of the deal. I would never have any more children after the procedure because it scars up the uterus a bit. It's just not as friendly as it used to be in there.

But I dont' care. That was worth it. 

Quoting celestegood:

Thank you for sharing! I wonder, though-how do you get this done? Do you have to get a doctor to ok it, I have had issues with finding a doctor who would tie my tubes in the past.

Do you have to have medical reason for getting it done? I assume you we're super heavy before?

Sorry if this was too personal.

Quoting achorney:

Had an abulation.

Best thing I've ever done for myself.

They told me, 10% chance never a period, 25% nothing happens, and 65% it's better.

Man, is it better.

It's like... before I used a pack of pads in four days, now I use pantiliners. I thank you, dearest doctor. I finally feel free again. 



celestegood
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 6:44 AM
God, that's a terrible journey to have to go through.
A good friend of mine had the same problems, but she ended up having a hysterectomy. It was hard on her, as she had never had kids-but it was getting rediculous. She was getting faint, and we were worried she would fall and pass out in the shower/bath. She had unknown cysts outside of her uterus, though-that they didn't find until they took her uterus out.
I guess I will have to deal with my periods until they go away. I can't get a tubal done (hubby won't consent, and you have to have consent here) so I just have to deal. Which is ok, because thankfully I haven't had a quarter of a percent of what you went through.
I'm so happy it made you feel better. It sounds worth it!

Quoting achorney:


I started with abnormal bleeding when my son was about 3. 

He was 11 when i had it done... long time. We tried birth control, D&Cs, mirena, prayer, snake oil, and still I bled. I floated through my life on a red river of ridiculousness. Twice I went to the hospital for passing out.  My Gyn told me one day, you have some choices left but we're out of treatments. It's ablasion, hysterectomy, or deal with it.

Deal with it wasn't working for me. Neither was a hysterectomy. I'm in my 30's. Too young, i felt.  I was diagnosed with non specic menstrual bleeding, excess, meaning I don't have fibroids, I don't have cysts, cancer, cooties, and they can't find anything else wrong with it but i bleed like I've been murdered every month.

It was his idea. There are different ways of doing it, none sound pleasant, I promise, but we settled on electricity. It sounds Medieval, it does. But you really don't feel much at all.

The doctor can do it. It's fast, there's little down time, and it's a fraction of the cost of true surgery. With insurance, my procedure cost $60.

If I had any more children, I would name them after him. If I could, of course.

I can't. That was part of the deal. I would never have any more children after the procedure because it scars up the uterus a bit. It's just not as friendly as it used to be in there.

But I dont' care. That was worth it. 


Quoting celestegood:

Thank you for sharing! I wonder, though-how do you get this done? Do you have to get a doctor to ok it, I have had issues with finding a doctor who would tie my tubes in the past.



Do you have to have medical reason for getting it done? I assume you we're super heavy before?



Sorry if this was too personal.



Quoting achorney:

Had an abulation.

Best thing I've ever done for myself.

They told me, 10% chance never a period, 25% nothing happens, and 65% it's better.

Man, is it better.

It's like... before I used a pack of pads in four days, now I use pantiliners. I thank you, dearest doctor. I finally feel free again. 




Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN