Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Exploded glow stick... help me!

Posted by   + Show Post

My house reaks of exploded glow stick. I can't see any that I missed on my table but the smell is still there. I have hunted all over trying to find any more & I see none. What can I do to mask the smell? I'm worried if I spray air freshener it will just smell like pumpkin exploded glow stick lol

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Replies (41-47):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM
That's good then.

Quoting splatz:

As far as I can tell I did. It was on my kitchen table & I scrubbed it pretty good. 

Quoting Janet:

But if it's a chemical. I would make sure I got it all up.

Quoting heather77g:

haha a pumpkin exploded glow stick... super funny.. i really dont know what you could use to mask it. I dont even know what an exploded glow stick smells like.

precious54
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

so funny

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:47 AM

It can be so frustrating! Over the summer I was always convinced the house was burning down because I could smell the smoke from the neighbors grilling. Everyone thought I was nuts! lol

Quoting gee18:

Lol oh how I hated that when I was pregnant.

Quoting splatz:

Its mostly faded now. I am not sure if I am still smelling it just because I'm pregnant & my nose has super powers lol or if its still lingering somewhere. 

Quoting gee18:

I'm curious now, did you get the smell out?

Quoting splatz:

Gross and chemical-y.

Quoting gee18:

Lol what do they smell like?

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM

The cleaning wasn't the hard part. It was on my kitchen table. The smell just wouldn't go away though! Its finally gone now thankfully! It was making me borderline crazy lol

Quoting heather77g:

Oh yeah, I do agree. I would want the chemical cleaned up as well. The only thing I know about glow sticks is they contain Peroxide that is joined with another chemical called phinyl oxalate ester (something like that) i have read that it's a non-toxic form if a small amount is ingested, but then again i dont know a lot about anything but peroxide. (I know if peroxide is ingested it causes someone to throw up) I am sorry, I am not much help. Were you able to get it cleaned up?
Quoting Janet:

But if it's a chemical. I would make sure I got it all up.

Quoting heather77g:

haha a pumpkin exploded glow stick... super funny.. i really dont know what you could use to mask it. I dont even know what an exploded glow stick smells like.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:50 AM

They do stink! Vinegar isn't the greatest smell either but its so much better than a lot of cleaning products! I need to go buy some so I can scrub my carpets. 

Quoting Mrseoc:

Yargh! They stink. And have glass in them. I clean everything with vinegar. Hubby hates the smell but it covers everything. And gets everything out of my carpet. Vinegar dish soap and water.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:09 PM

wow, I've never had one to explode...did not know there was an odor...hope you can find something to help.

twicethemomjess
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM

i bit one when i was really young :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)