Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My mil...again!

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM
  • 9 Replies

So my dd was very sick this past week and after a trip to Urgent Care and her Pedi (it was our pedis associate bc ours wasnt there!) she was told to just take Tylenol and Motrin bc there was nothing to be done for a virus she had. I was not convinced it was that so had her tested for a uti and it was positive at the dr. Later on this week in the hospital it was negative but after they gave her antibotics! Its so confusing! Anyways they were pretty sure she got so sick bc the infection got in her kidneys! Well after visiting the pedi office and then coming home my dds fever was still 106 with meds so I called the line and the pedi said do not take her to the ER she was fine! Anyways I took her and she ended up being transfered by ambulance to another hosptial and it was a mess! While waiting at home for the pedi to call my mil was here and lost her marbles! She was screaming, cursing and etc saying my dd needed to be rushed to the hospital and if I did not stop waiting for the dr to call she was taking her herself! Remind you I was packing bags while waiting for this pedi to call back but I was also not rushing off to call 911 bc it was not that bad! My mil is so hyper and was causing my dd to scream and panic...shes 2! She even tried to leave the house with my dd and btw has NO CARSEAT! My dh stepped in and told her to chill but as I was packing she came charging in our bedroom and was shoving me out of the way to grab stuff while still throwing the f word around in front of my kids! I lost my temper and screamed at her stating if she tried to take my kid out of this house I would get her for kidnapping and make sure she never saw my kids again. Well, as you can imagine she is now pissed off and telling me shes done with me! I feel like I should have kept my cool better but enough was enough! I mean, was I wrong for losing it!?

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Nov. 1, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I probally would have done the same thing. I'm sure she will get over it in time. Just let her cool off and hope she gets over it.

preacherskid
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

You were probably gentler than I would have been.  Had my MIL tried something like that, I may have punched her when she tried going out the door with MY child.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have lost it too. It's not like you were just sitting around doing nothing, you were getting ready. She'll get over it and if she doesn't it will be her loss.

johnny4ever
Today at 5:59 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I would of totally went off on her!

fudgybuddymom
by Linda on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:16 AM

No it seems to me everybody needed to calm down & just look after the child! You were all under stress I get that but look what the behavior did to the sick child. She must be nervous as hell now with the adults in her life panicking. How safe does she feel? What confusion for your kids. You were right to call the pedi btw & right to go to er. Maybe you shouldn't have said what you said to your mil but what's done is done.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I can totally understand how you lost it with her. You were waiting for the doctor to call you. She was acting like you weren't doing anything! I hope you two can work things out after things cool off.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:38 PM

She sounds like a nut job. 

Obviously she was just making the situation worse. I don't know how she didn't see that. Acting like that in front of the kids is not cool. 

MommySchatzi
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:56 PM
She needs to learn boundaries.
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:11 AM
What was she doing there anyway? I'm glad your DH stepped in. I hope your daughter is doing better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN