Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

For those of you that had winter babies..

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 2:58 AM
  • 71 Replies

What was one of your favorite/must have items for the cold weather?

I'm due in January & so far the main thing I can think of is the warm cover that goes over the top of the carseat (not the ones that go under baby). I think this winter is going to be a bad one so I would love to know what everyones favorite/most used things were! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvnature
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this

my ds was born in early Jan. (Jan. 5 1989) and this is what I always dressed him in when going outside that winter. 

achorney
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:11 AM

I'm with her. My favorite winter item was a snow suit on my newborn. it was fricking freezing.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:44 AM
I had two babies in January. My favorite was the sleep bag! You know, the coat that you put on them but it wasn't hard to get in the car seat? Looks like the baby above was in his. I loved that thing. Only mine had a hole in it for the seat clip. Love that thing. They also make covers that go over the seat. With a hole in it for baby to breathe. I want one, if I do have another winter baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Oh, and of course who could forget the one piece warm outfit? Cotton is my fav :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsunshine77
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:46 AM

blankets and sleeper PJs - the ones with the feet and thick. 

MIA0223
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Car seat poncho.
an important warning though,do not put a thickcoat on them in the car seat!
It will compress if you are in an accident and your baby could be ejected from the seat!

Either get a thick blanket to go over baby, the seat, or both!

Blanket sleepers, long sleeve onesies, hats!
I had two winter babies :)
January and February!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandie1470
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Ds was a summer baby. He was around 6 months when I got him a snow suit thing. I remember it was winnie the pooh and about 2 in thick.i wish I had pics. He looked like maggie on the simpsons in it. Ever seen her where hers? She looked like a stiff star. She couldnt move lol
DACIA79
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Snowsuits, Warm Sleepers lots of hats I had a JJ Artic Bundle me one for the stroller and one for the car seat. I also had a car seat cover that kept the rain and wind out
brandie1470
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:50 AM
im having a winter baby this go round too. he will be here by christmas
armyvet06
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:52 AM
i had a snowsuit that had a hole in it for the seat clip. i also put her in long underwear and real thick footed pajamas with hat and mittens.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)