Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Tailbone pain

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:49 PM
  • 38 Replies

Anyone ever have any tailbone problems? Since I lost weight my tailbone is killing me! It's all inflamed.

by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Could be that your spine was compressed for so long (being over-weight) and now your spine has loosened up and your tailbone is sitting a whole different way, your body isn't used to it..? Personally I would take Ibuprofen for a few days and see if that helps. If it doesn't you should ask your doctor.

alc4evermom
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:23 PM

It can be sciatic nerve problem sometimes which a chiropractor can help with.  I have occasional tailbone pain but I'm pregnant lol.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM
It's getting so bad I think I'm going to have to see the doctor. The pain is making me sick. My whole body hurts now.

Quoting goddess99:

Could be that your spine was compressed for so long (being over-weight) and now your spine has loosened up and your tailbone is sitting a whole different way, your body isn't used to it..? Personally I would take Ibuprofen for a few days and see if that helps. If it doesn't you should ask your doctor.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I dont know which would be better at this point doctor or Chiropractor.

Quoting alc4evermom:

It can be sciatic nerve problem sometimes which a chiropractor can help with.  I have occasional tailbone pain but I'm pregnant lol.

alc4evermom
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:33 AM

It never hurts to have a doctor look at it for a diagnosis but they might just give you pain pills or reccomend invasive treatment when you don't need it.  Good luck!

Quoting Janet:

Quoting alc4evermom:

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:46 AM

=( You'll have to update with what the doctor said.

Quoting Janet:

It's getting so bad I think I'm going to have to see the doctor. The pain is making me sick. My whole body hurts now.

Quoting goddess99:

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I will, thanks.

Quoting goddess99:

=( You'll have to update with what the doctor said.

Quoting Janet:

Quoting goddess99:

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:51 AM
True

Quoting alc4evermom:

It never hurts to have a doctor look at it for a diagnosis but they might just give you pain pills or reccomend invasive treatment when you don't need it.  Good luck!

Quoting Janet:

Quoting alc4evermom:

jb0520
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM
There's a cyst that can form right near your tail bone, my sister had problems for years where she'd have to get it drained and packed. Hurt her like hell. Look it up
Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I will. Thanks!

Quoting jb0520:

There's a cyst that can form right near your tail bone, my sister had problems for years where she'd have to get it drained and packed. Hurt her like hell. Look it up
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN