Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Countdown to Thanksgiving 11-3

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:33 AM
  • 9 Replies

How to make a paper turkey for a Thanksgiving Art Crafts:

1. Gather fall colors of card stock for the back feathers of the turkey. Try using everyone’s favorite color. Use enough different colors for the number of members in your family for a very colorful turkey.

Trace Hand Shot

2. Trace everyone’s hands on the card stock using a pencil. Especially if you have little ones. They tend to be a little more wiggly. Good thing they have small hands and don’t take as long.

Thanksgiving art crafts pieces

3. Carefully cut out each person’s hands to make this and many other Thanksgiving art crafts.

4. I have made a printable for the turkey head and waddle. You can increase or decrease the size needed to make the turkey. Trace this on a complimentary color of card stock and cut out. Cut a small yellow triangle for the beak.

5. Using a 2.5″ punch you can get here. Punch a brown body for the turkey.

6. Now lay each hand out largest to smallest. Start stacking them with the largest on the bottom and stagger them to make the back feathers of the turkey. Try to do these in birth order of the children in your family.

7. Glue all the hands together and let dry with a standard white glue from the craft store.

Thanksgiving art crafts turkey

8. Assemble your turkey by placing the circle body over the smallest hand’s palm. Glue the head of the turkey over the body. Draw a couple of eyes on the turkey using a black pen. Just free hand it. Get a little glue for the yellow beak and glue the beak on the head. Then the final touch add the waddle over the beak to make a wonderful Thanksgiving Turkey. Press the turkey between two large books to dry flat.

9. Using a fun fall color printed scrapbook paper for the back ground and choose a large frame. I used an 11X14 frame for this project. Then you can use the print out here to download the printable words Thankful for Family and trace on the glass of the picture frame with a sharpie marker. If you mess up, you can erase it with some alcohol and a cloth.

Yesterdays

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this

How cute!!!!!!I might make one!

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for sharing.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I thought this was so cute, I love the idea of everyone's hands making the feathers.

WesternNYmom
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Cute. My kids made these in school. I still have them in a box in my closet.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Aww cute. I keep school projects too. It's fun to look back and see all the cute stuff they made when they were little.

Quoting WesternNYmom:

Cute. My kids made these in school. I still have them in a box in my closet.

letstalk747
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

very cool

precious54
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

cool

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

love these ideas:)

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Love it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)