Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Baby girl dislikes Grandma!

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:03 PM
  • 10 Replies

Okay, so my mother in law & I have had problems. She "hated" me for getting pregnant. Said I trapped her son.? I'm 21 & my husband is 26. But she treats us like we are 16. Anyway....She said horrible things to me & about me. We were living with her at the time so we moved out. Then she hated me for "taking her family away from her"

We are on good terms now. I still feel she has alot of hateful feelings toward me. But she "puts up with me" so she can see her grand daughter. She dosent see her a lot. but at least once a week.

My 4 month old daughter can't stand her. Seriously, like the second my MIL starts talking to her. She starts screaming!! 

As long as I'm in my baby girls view she is okay with strangers. So it can't be that shes just not use to her. I mean like, complete strangers have made my daughter laugh. But My MIL can't even talk to her without her crying. So when she holds her? omg forget about it.. she flips out.

Could it be possible my baby girl senses tension or something?

*_live.laugh.love_*

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EarlGrayHot
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Possibly.  Or has your MIL ever cared for her when you aren't around?  Maybe she didn't like the was she cared for her.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Hmm... I'm not sure. Its possible that she senses the tension. Some babies just prefer their mom too. 

aGracexo
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:20 PM

nope she has never babysat

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

Possibly.  Or has your MIL ever cared for her when you aren't around?  Maybe she didn't like the was she cared for her.

*_live.laugh.love_*

Jessicamarquez
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:21 PM
She feels the emotions mom has and baby's feel tensions real easy so if your not happy she won't be
aGracexo
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Yeah she is a complete mommas girl for sure. But she does not act like this with anybody else. Even people shes never seen before, as long as im around.

& she loves my mom. Aside from my husband, my mother is the only other person she will stay with without me being around. 

Quoting splatz:

Hmm... I'm not sure. Its possible that she senses the tension. Some babies just prefer their mom too. 

*_live.laugh.love_*

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Hmm... then I would say her feeling the tension is a definite possibility. 

Quoting aGracexo:

Yeah she is a complete mommas girl for sure. But she does not act like this with anybody else. Even people shes never seen before, as long as im around.

& she loves my mom. Aside from my husband, my mother is the only other person she will stay with without me being around. 

Quoting splatz:

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:25 PM

well my daughter was like that with my dad for the first 6 /7 months of her life.  My dad couldn't hold her and it broke his heart to pieces.  My dad said maybe she thought he was ugly with all the face scarring following his tumor surgeries.  By the time she was 1 all was fine.  

But in your case, it's very possible that she senses the tension as well.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I agree. Your dd probably feels the bad energy your mil has.

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

She feels the emotions mom has and baby's feel tensions real easy so if your not happy she won't be

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Is she loud when she speaks?

whitleypittman
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Mine was like that cause MIL would wear a whole bottle of perfume and then try to hold her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)