Pine Cone Turkeys
You will need:
- A decent-sized, opened pine cone
- Red, yellow, and orange construction paper
- A brown paper bag
- Googley eyes
- Take the different-colored sheets of construction paper and cut them into three differently-sized feather shapes: large, medium, and small. (You can fold the paper in half, draw half of each feather on the crease, and cut them out. Unfold the cutouts, and you should have easy, symmetrical turkey feathers.)
- On the last layer of pine cone scales, glue on the largest feathers. Glue a red, yellow, and orange feather to one pine cone scale, and make sure to put them in random order in terms of color.
- On the second-to-last layer of scales, glue on the medium-sized feathers.
- On the third-to-last layer of scales, glue on the smallest feathers.
- Cut a circle out of the brown paper bag for the turkey head, and glue on the googley eyes.
- Cut out a yellow beak and a red wattle and glue them to the head.
- Wrap it up by gluing the head to the front of the pine cone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.