Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Help... favorite pork roast recipes?

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM
  • 36 Replies

I have a 2lb boneless sirloin pork roast that I was planning to make tomorrow. Instead of making just the same thing as normal I'm hoping someone has a good recipe for me. Bonus points if it is a crock pot recipe. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Ha that's all I got, let me see if I can find the one I've made before.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course I can't find it but I'm pretty sure it's just the recipe on the Lipton Onion soup mix box. I made it in the crockpot using a pork raost, it was good.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I like to take the roast and smother it in mushroom soup.  Add some salt, pepper, and garlic until it smells nice.  Then I let it cook low and slow and serve over rice or potatoes.  I make a side of a hearty vegetable to add more texture, like steamed carrots or wax beans.  Something that also tastes good smothered in gravy.

(I make my own cream of mushroom, but in a pinch the low-sodium canned variety has done me good.)

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Oh man.. I don't think we have a box here. I will look and see if I can find it online. 

Quoting goddess99:

Of course I can't find it but I'm pretty sure it's just the recipe on the Lipton Onion soup mix box. I made it in the crockpot using a pork raost, it was good.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM

This?

This easy, popular slow cooker pot roast is made with only 4 ingredients plus the water! Use a good lean beef chuck roast in this recipe, or look for a cut of beef with "pot roast" on the label.

Ingredients:

• one beef pot roast of your choice
  • 1 box, (2 envelopes) Lipton Onion Soup Mix
  • baby carrots
  • new potatoes
  • 2 cups water

Preparation:

Place beef pot roast in crockpot and sprinkle with Lipton onion soup mix. Add carrots and new potatoes. Pour water over pot roast. Cook on low 8 to 10 hrs or until tender.

Thicken the gravy with a little flour or cornstarch which has been mixed with cold water. If you are really on the ball, when you put the roast on, put a batch of bread in the bread maker and set the timer so they will be finished at the same time. When you get home, all you need to do is fix a salad and dinner is done.
Pot roast recipe shared by Diane

Tip: The juices tend to be watery by the end of the cooking time, so when the roast is done, keep it warm and pour juices into a medium saucepan. Bring the juices to a boil and simmer briskly until reduced and more flavorful, about 8 to 10 minutes.

To thicken, combine 2 teaspoons of cornstarch or flour with a few tablespoons of cold water. Mix until smooth and stir into the simmering juices. Serve the gravy or juices with the sliced pot roast.

Quoting goddess99:

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM

My family is all anti-mushroom. :(  Not sure I could get any of them to eat it lol

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I like to take the roast and smother it in mushroom soup.  Add some salt, pepper, and garlic until it smells nice.  Then I let it cook low and slow and serve over rice or potatoes.  I make a side of a hearty vegetable to add more texture, like steamed carrots or wax beans.  Something that also tastes good smothered in gravy.

(I make my own cream of mushroom, but in a pinch the low-sodium canned variety has done me good.)

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I saw that one too but I'm not sure, hold on...

Quoting splatz:

This?

This easy, popular slow cooker pot roast is made with only 4 ingredients plus the water! Use a good lean beef chuck roast in this recipe, or look for a cut of beef with "pot roast" on the label.

Ingredients:

• one beef pot roast of your choice
  • 1 box, (2 envelopes) Lipton Onion Soup Mix
  • baby carrots
  • new potatoes
  • 2 cups water

Preparation:

Place beef pot roast in crockpot and sprinkle with Lipton onion soup mix. Add carrots and new potatoes. Pour water over pot roast. Cook on low 8 to 10 hrs or until tender.

Thicken the gravy with a little flour or cornstarch which has been mixed with cold water. If you are really on the ball, when you put the roast on, put a batch of bread in the bread maker and set the timer so they will be finished at the same time. When you get home, all you need to do is fix a salad and dinner is done.
Pot roast recipe shared by Diane

Tip: The juices tend to be watery by the end of the cooking time, so when the roast is done, keep it warm and pour juices into a medium saucepan. Bring the juices to a boil and simmer briskly until reduced and more flavorful, about 8 to 10 minutes.

To thicken, combine 2 teaspoons of cornstarch or flour with a few tablespoons of cold water. Mix until smooth and stir into the simmering juices. Serve the gravy or juices with the sliced pot roast.

Quoting goddess99:

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Here it is

Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe serves: 8
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 240 min

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 serving
Nutrition information per serving
Calories 550
Calories from Fat 290
Total Fat 33 g
Saturated Fat 13 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155 mg
Sodium 750 mg
Total Carbs 27 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 36 g
Vitamin A 100 %
Vitamin C 40 %
Calcium 6 %
Iron 20 %

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

Ingredients

• 1 Tbsp. oil
  • 3 lbs. boneless beef pot roast (rump, chuck or round)
  • 4 carrots, sliced
  • 4 medium all-purpose potatoes (about 2 lbs.), cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 2 envelopes Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
  • 3/4 cup water

Directions

1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown roast.
  2. Arrange carrots and potatoes in slow cooker. Top with roast and set aside.
  3. Combine Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix with water in glass measuring cup. Add to skillet, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan. Add soup mixture to slow cooker. Cook covered on Low 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours. Remove roast and vegetables to serving platter.
  4. Thicken gravy, if desired, by combining additional 1/4 cup water with 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour. Cook on HIGH 15 minutes or until thickened.
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Make sure you make the gravy, it's so good.

Quoting goddess99:

Here it is

Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe serves: 8
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 240 min

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 serving
Nutrition information per serving
Calories 550
Calories from Fat 290
Total Fat 33 g
Saturated Fat 13 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155 mg
Sodium 750 mg
Total Carbs 27 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 36 g
Vitamin A 100 %
Vitamin C 40 %
Calcium 6 %
Iron 20 %

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

Ingredients

• 1 Tbsp. oil
  • 3 lbs. boneless beef pot roast (rump, chuck or round)
  • 4 carrots, sliced
  • 4 medium all-purpose potatoes (about 2 lbs.), cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 2 envelopes Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
  • 3/4 cup water

Directions

1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown roast.
  2. Arrange carrots and potatoes in slow cooker. Top with roast and set aside.
  3. Combine Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix with water in glass measuring cup. Add to skillet, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan. Add soup mixture to slow cooker. Cook covered on Low 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours. Remove roast and vegetables to serving platter.
  4. Thicken gravy, if desired, by combining additional 1/4 cup water with 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour. Cook on HIGH 15 minutes or until thickened.

kjsaes
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I made a good one the other day. It was the meat whatever veggies you want then mix a package of ranch dressing mix, italian dressing mix, a package of brown gravy mix and I mixed them with a little more then a cup of water poured over the roast and veggies . Cooked on low all day it was so good.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)