Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

3-Year-Old Walks a Mile Down Busy Road to Find Help After Mom's Murder

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 9 Replies

3-Year-Old Walks a Mile Down Busy Road to Find Help After Mom's Murder

by Jeanne Sager 

busy highwayA mom is dead and her 3-year-old who walked a mile alone down a busy road to get help is being hailed as a hero today. What kind of world are we living in, folks? Cops have named the 3-year-old's father, Johnny Lashawn Shipman, as their chief suspect in the murder of mom Kristi Lynne Delaney.

If it's true, that means a little girl's own father killed her mom and then left her, the 3-year-old, to deal with the aftermath. Alone.

I'm outraged first and foremost by the murder of an innocent woman. Delaney didn't deserve to die. But the horror visited upon a 3-year-old left to deal with her dead mom's body comes in a very close second on the outrage meter.

Cops say the little girl walked all the way to her grandmother's house and told Grandma she couldn't get her mom to wake up. She was lucky to make it that far -- who knows what could have happened to a toddler alone on a busy road. She could have been hit and killed herself! And that would be another death on the monster who left her alone to deal with something even grown-ups aren't prepared to handle.

Cops aren't saying whether she identified her father as the perpetrator, although investigators have said they believe the little girl witnessed the slaying of her mom.

For her sake, I hope she didn't know it was her Dad. It's going to be hard enough growing up without a mom, and if cops are right, her dad is likely looking at a long, long time in jail. In essence, this child will be orphaned if Dad goes to prison.

The trauma of finding her mom's body will stay with her long enough; she doesn't need memories of her dad doing the deed to haunt her too.

The search is on for the dad, who has an arrest record that includes battery, burglary, and drug charges, plus orders of protection filed against him by the mom. Here's hoping they can bring him in soon.

What do you think should be the punishment here?

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
johnny4ever
Summer is flying by
Yesterday at 8:02 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Wow!Just Wow!The child must of really paid attention to the route.How horrific for the child.Hope they catch the Dad!

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM

If it was dad he should get the death penalty.

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Ohmygosh! :( I cant even read the whole thing, I dont like that kind of energy.. but how sad, I hope they find the scumbag :( and that mommy can rest in peace, I just .. I dont even want to think about these kinds of things. How terribly awful! :'(

mamalynnsmith
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Poor baby

Jacqalyn
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Poor baby girl to have to go through so much in the short time she has been on this earth. It's amazing how she knew how to get to her grandma's house at only 3 years old as well. I hope whoever took her mom's life it found.
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:48 PM

so sorry to hear this...sad

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM

If it was the Dad then he needs to get the death penalty.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM

That's what I say! Hopefully the little girl can live with her grandma.

Quoting johnny4ever:

Wow!Just Wow!The child must of really paid attention to the route.How horrific for the child.Hope they catch the Dad!

SoInLove515
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Very very heart breaking : (
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)