Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do these make parents LAZY?

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM
  • 111 Replies
2 moms liked this

Poll

Question: Do these make parents LAZY?

Options:

YES

No Not at all

Maybe

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 192

View Results

I always see parents using these as a way to control their children. Personally I think it makes it look like you are treating your children like animals. There are those moments where your kids will just run off. But if you can teach your kids to stay by your side and hold your hand, then that is the best way. Why would you want to put a leash on your child?

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllyB_
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:58 PM
12 moms liked this

some kids won't hold hands and some kids with developmental disabilities or disorders can't be taught to just hold hands. 

Cozie_Sisika458
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM
3 moms liked this

No this gives kids to have a little freedom, without them wondering off. Lots of kids do not like to hold hands so I do not see nothing wrong with this especially in a big crowded area. 

I'm a tattooed, free spirited, CIO, circumcision, delayed vax, pro-life, anti flu shot, hiking, beach bum, early potty training, snuggling, video gaming, art therapy, natural remedies, natural health, Jesus is my home boy, Artist, sarcastic mom!

Annie_21
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:09 PM

See I see it a different way. It gives kids no freedom to explore. I just dont agree with the use of these things..

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:24 PM
6 moms liked this

No they don't make me a lazy parent. I am not a stuck up snob worrying about what anyone else thinks. This item makes me a better  and more responsible parent because i care about my childs life and  will not take a chance of my child out of my site if she runs off. Or someone grabbing my child in a crowd out of my hand. We went to a lake the past 5 yrs for family reunion and this thing came in handy. My child runs off if she gets a chance. She was one and two when i used it. Im not gonna take a chance. I care about my child. Not what others think of this object on my child. Screw them!! You might wanna rethink the benifits of this item before you judge!!

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Have you used one on your child before?

bcauseimthemom
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I used one when my daughter was two and three.  She just moved a hell of a lot faster than I could in a manual wheelchair.... sorry my parenting decisions are not up to par with what you deem to be acceptable.  I am far from lazy by the way, just not able to walk and have limited use of my arms as well.....

Annie_21
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I was not intending to call anyone LAZY on this post, I wanted your opinion on if it does make a parent lazy if they use them. We just choose not to use this on our children, we believe our children should be aloud to run around and be free, where it is safe. When we go to a crowded place, we make our daughter hold our hand. We live by a busy street so it was pretty easy to teach her to hold our hands.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:49 PM
5 moms liked this

I swore up and down that I would NEVER EVER EVER use one. Then my normally laid back, well listening son who was just over 2 started bolting. He hated being in the stroller. He would wiggle out of my hand or just refuse to hold hands. I was flying for the very first time, it was just the two of us going on the trip & we had to travel through two very busy airports. Being a "lazy parent"/ treating my kid like an animal/whatever else is said about these things was WAY better than losing my 2 year old in a crowded airport because he bolted away. 

wow.. sorry for the major typos! lol

Annie_21
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I am glad it worked for you Splatz. I dont know, I just dont see myself using one.

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:55 PM
No
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN