Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Walmart Spin-Off Post...If you ordered,would you expect your merchandise?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:18 AM
  • 22 Replies

Seriously,if you ordered something online at a great deal & steal would you expect to get it?Yesterday there was a major mess up on their Website.Now they are cancelling all orders and giving consumers a $10 Gift Card.Do you think you should still expect it?

Group Mod

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2Sparrows4ever
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Yes, I would, especially from Walmart, what was the item and the issue? 

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

Yes, I would, especially from Walmart, what was the item and the issue? 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114614/forums/read/19271744/Walmart_Website_Error_Allowed_Customers_to_Buy_600_Electronics_for_8_85

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I would expect something better than $10. A couple years ago there was a glitch on the hp site and those people got 50% off their next order, that was a deal. $10 isn't anything. But that's Walmart for you.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Quoting goddess99:

I would expect something better than $10. A couple years ago there was a glitch on the hp site and those people got 50% off their next order, that was a deal. $10 isn't anything. But that's Walmart for you.

50% off is Huge!

lillucky8
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:57 AM
I expected the orders to be cancelled, they had a similar small glitch a few months ago with the same outcome. I didnt order knowing it would be cancelled but i should have so i could get the gc lol. The ppl that did store pickup did get the sale prices. I think walmart should honor it, but then again some of the prices were drastically marked down so i could see where it wouldnt happen. I also think the outrage among some ppl i know is a bit extreme.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
A $500 item for $8.95? I wouldn't be dumb enough to expect that one.
MustBNapTime
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:02 AM

...The price screw up went both ways...

TVs for $9 & Lysol for $98.

Would Walmart refund me for buying Lysol on accident for $98???

I would be totally bummed for not getting the items, but COME ON! You knew you where taking advantage of a mistake!! You didnt lose anything in the end so get over it.. But atleaste they gave out GC..

bcauseimthemom
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I think that the orders taken should be honored, no I did not make any orders.  With a corporation that large with that much money, they should have noticed an error like that.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I know, that's when I scored my newest laptop =)

Quoting johnny4ever:

Quoting goddess99:

50% off is Huge!

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Anyone who really thought they were going to honor every order is crazy. I saw some people posting all the stuf fthey were ordering. People were going WAY overboard. The people who choose store pickup & their item was already available in store did luck out though. I was really suprised they honored those yesterday. A lady I know got a $1500 tv for $300! I saw another lady saying she got a $200 train table for $7. 

I was really surpised to see the deal/coupon sites posting the "flash deals" yesterday. Like they didn't notice it was a glitch. If you looked at even just one page you could tell the site was messed up. $369 play food & a $7 train table? Yeah.. clearly something is off there lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN