Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

guilty housewife

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM
  • 15 Replies

I always feel guilty when I am not cleaning, organizing or doing something around the house. Especially when DD is napping. Even when the whole house is cleaned I still feel like I should find something to do besides being on computer or watching TV. Yes, I love being "lazy" but while doing it I feel guilty!!! I know it's weird. Maybe it's because before DD was born I was almost always working. Or maybe it's cause I know DH is out working is a** off. Whatever it is I can't even enjoy relaxing. Unless I'm on my period then I feel I have a vaild reason. (I'm on it right now) LOL but is this normal? Any other ladies feel this way? 

*_live.laugh.love_*

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I don't feel that way. But I have a hard time doing things because I have fibromyalgia. I pay for what I do, especially if I'm in a flare, which I am in now.

newbieann
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I feel the same way. LIke I always have to be doing something! Why don't you take time and do something for yourself. LIke pick up a hobby or something. Then maybe once you don't feel guilty doing that, then you will be able to just relax. Everybody deserves some R&R. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't feel guilty at all, my house is clean. I'm a sahm for many reasons and I don't feel guilty about what I do or don't do.

loyamom
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I do!  I notice though that when I'm lazy, I'm not eating right or haven't taken my vitamins.  It's crazy how when my nutrition is on track, I feel so much better that I don't want to lounge (even though I love it too!)

Moms Helping Moms Work at Home! www.homeisgreat.com 

bouncing mom

MaineMammax2
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Yes, I do!! whenever I sit I think of all the things I need to be doing. Although I feel like my girls are my top priority I feel sometimes I should be doing the dishes instead of playing. That is one thing though that I will do, put them first. The end of the day is my time. I make sure to get alot of the housework done and when my husband is spending time with the girls i get to have a little down time. but overall I have that nagging feeling i need to be doing something.

Annie_21
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I feel this way every now and again, but at the same time I am busy taking care of/ picking up after the kids, so I have a valid reason to relax!

2Sparrows4ever
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

This is why I never go back to bed when DH leaves for work. Wife guilt, it kinda sucks 

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I second that! I mean at times I do feel guilty, bc I know also that my SO is out working his butt off too, but to each their own. My work at home never ends. Even though I am a sahm, this home IS my job! And its constant. I dont get to walk away from it at 4 o'clock, I have to be 'on' at all times. :p

Quoting goddess99:

I don't feel guilty at all, my house is clean. I'm a sahm for many reasons and I don't feel guilty about what I do or don't do.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I feel that way too even though I work full time ... when I come home I totally feel guilty if I sit on my ass and watch TV.  So most of the time, If we're watching TV I'll be doing laundry at the same time, starting loads, swtiching loads, folding clothes, or during commercials I'll be cleaning the kitchen prepping lunches for the next day, going through DD's school bag, signing papers, writting checks, taking out the ingredients for tomorrow night's dinner ! There's ALWAYS something to be done in a house well in my house anyways ... so there's no excuse. 

KW1280
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Nope no guilt here. We as moms sometimes have unrealistic expectations for ourselves. No matter if you are a sahm, WM, or work part time do what you can and if you did everything then be happy. 💮
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN