Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Bullseye !

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

So since DH's family lives 700 and some miles away I got the bulk of my Christmas shopping done early and we brought the Christmas gifts with us when we went to visit late August.  We hid all the gifts at DH's best friend's house and she will distribute them to DH's family in December.  Except for one ... I had bought my MIL a new winter jacket as I knew she needed one.  She's a huge Duck Dynasty fan so I bought her a camo winter jacket.  DH wanted to make sure it fit properly and what not so we gave it to her back in August.  She loved it.  But now that the weather is colder she started wearing it on a daily basis and it is just a joy to hear her... she calls the house 2-3 times a week and every week she just raves about the coat. It's awesome.  She says she's getting so many compliments about the coat, how warm it is, how much she loves it and she keeps finding more bells and whistles on it (Ultimately it's a hunting/outdoors man jacket so yes it's full of different compartments and pockets and whatnot. ) you know, it's really nice when you know you've hit the bullseye and the person is just so thankfull.  Just for her enthousiasm, I think I might throw in some extras like actually buy her a damn Duck Dynasty hat and mail it to her for Christmas.

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AydensMommy1008
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Good! Yes! Its ALWAYS wonderful when someone actually appreciates your gift! :)

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Seriously, yes it is ... it's refreshing honestly instead of gifts being taken for granted and never spoken of again. She is on a budget and it doesn't take much to make her happy.  This coat was not cheap but now I'm so glad I bought it for her and that we spoiled her when we went there. 

Quoting AydensMommy1008:

Good! Yes! Its ALWAYS wonderful when someone actually appreciates your gift! :)

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:19 AM

That's great!! So many times we get a thank you and never hear about or see the gift again so that's nice she loves it so much.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM

exactly ...

Speaking of ungratefull people I have to buy a wedding gift for my boss's daughter... here's wasted money, I'll be shocked if I even get a thank you !

Quoting goddess99:

That's great!! So many times we get a thank you and never hear about or see the gift again so that's nice she loves it so much.

2Sparrows4ever
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I think thats pretty cool :D

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM

yes it is ... you know the jacket wasn't cheap but when I saw it in the store it screamed my MIL's name and I couldn't help it, I bought it without talking it over with DH ... when I came home with it, he wasn't convinced at first but now he keeps telling me how much she just loves it.  And it was worth every penny !

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

I think thats pretty cool :D

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:49 PM

In that case, keep it under $10 lol.

Quoting Jinxed8:

exactly ...

Speaking of ungratefull people I have to buy a wedding gift for my boss's daughter... here's wasted money, I'll be shocked if I even get a thank you !

Quoting goddess99:

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I can't ... I'm not doing this out of the goodness of my heart, trust me, this is as fake as I get ! I'm doing this because I have to look good and "respectful" to my bosses. I've already declined the invite to the wedding. I am a long time employee of this firm and am expected to be a part of it (just like I was at their other daughter's wedding) I will go to Tiffany's or Swarovski and buy a damn crystal bowl of some sort and call it a day. And I won't even get a thank you note for the gift from the ungrateful brat. BUT like I did for their other dd's wedding will give the gift to my boss so that he at least he is conscious of the gesture. blerch!
Quoting goddess99:

Quoting Jinxed8:

exactly ...

Quoting goddess99:

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 8, 2013 at 3:10 PM

You're nicer than me =)

Quoting Jinxed8:

I can't ... I'm not doing this out of the goodness of my heart, trust me, this is as fake as I get ! I'm doing this because I have to look good and "respectful" to my bosses. I've already declined the invite to the wedding. I am a long time employee of this firm and am expected to be a part of it (just like I was at their other daughter's wedding) I will go to Tiffany's or Swarovski and buy a damn crystal bowl of some sort and call it a day. And I won't even get a thank you note for the gift from the ungrateful brat. BUT like I did for their other dd's wedding will give the gift to my boss so that he at least he is conscious of the gesture. blerch!
Quoting goddess99:

Quoting Jinxed8:

exactly ...

Quoting goddess99:

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I am doing it for my bosses not for the bratty daughter. I have to be the bigger person here. Trust me, I'd rather blow $100 on a crystal bowl than have to attend the wedding.
Quoting goddess99:

You're nicer than me =)

Quoting Jinxed8:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting Jinxed8:

exactly ...

Quoting goddess99:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN