Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I think I hurt a mom's feeling.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:45 PM
  • 16 Replies

I invited a mom and her kids to my home for a playdate. The kids were playing in my kids room, they were roughousing and her 6 year old started hitting my 4 year old repeatedly on the back. I immediately entered the kids room and told the child in a firm voice that hitting is NOT acceptable.

I am not so keen in seeing the family anymore because of how the mom deals with the kids (screaming, yelling and losing her cool) But I regret to say that I must have hurt her feelings by being firm with her child.

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Don't feel bad about it, I think you did the right thing.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I wouldn't feel bad.You are defending your child!

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:26 AM

hugs

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Yeah u did the right thing I would have done the same
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I wouldn't feel bad about it.

mrsjksimmons
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Don't feel bad. You did the right thing.

dreamer_8291
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I would have done the same thing!

Bribriesmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:11 PM
You have nothing to feel bad about. Heck she didn't say anything and probably wouldn't have or know how to parent in the manner you did. Kuddos for being your child's voice.
JTE11
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I think that's not really something you need to be worried about. She should have been the one correcting her child but didn't, so you did what you had to do.  Maybe she needs to have her feelings hurt a few times before it starts to sink in that she can't let her kid hit. You couldn't just let your child be hit because her feelings might get hurt.

mycutepup
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Quoting JTE11:

I think that's not really something you need to be worried about. She should have been the one correcting her child but didn't, so you did what you had to do.  Maybe she needs to have her feelings hurt a few times before it starts to sink in that she can't let her kid hit. You couldn't just let your child be hit because her feelings might get hurt.

She is a good person and a good mom. We just have different way of dealing with our kids. She did not have a chance to say anything to her kid because her kid yelled, cried and screamed as if there's no tomorrow. I am going to see her sometime soon but I am not willing to bring the kids along. She likes to correct my kids and yell at other people's kids. My goodness I was schocked how she once yelled at stranger's kids because they played rough. There's a better way of handling that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)