Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Countdown to Thanksgiving 11-10

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:24 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Vase Centerpieces

Fill glass vases with layers of colorful dried legumes (this would also work with dried fruits or nuts). Scavenge your pantry or visit a local supermarket to find more unusual varieties. Choose different shapes, sizes, and textures for an appealing arrangement. After you have poured in the first layers of beans, lentils, and peas, place a pillar candle in the middle of the vase so that the wick is at just about the same height as the rim. While this simple, modern take on yesteryear's overflowing cornucopias will last an entire season, the beans can also be recycled and put to use—along with Thanksgiving leftovers—in a hearty soup.

Another option is to bore out the center of seasonal fruits and vegetables, like apples, pears, and miniature pumpkins, for use as candleholders. To create the perfect-size hole for a tea light or small votive, use a pumpkin carving tool, a sharp serrated paring knife, or a simple gadget like the Candle Carver. Scatter a series of the candles down the length of the table for a simple but sophisticated fall table setting.

Yesterdays

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I like those apples!

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Me too =)

Quoting johnny4ever:

I like those apples!

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Cool ideas.

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I also like the apple idea. I just seen something like this on Steve Harvey talk show but they used these nice green pears.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

That would be pretty too, I've also seen candles in small pumpkins, that was cute too.

Quoting natural_s:

I also like the apple idea. I just seen something like this on Steve Harvey talk show but they used these nice green pears.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I totally love them! It's a cute thing I have never even considered doing! Thanks for the idea!

Quoting johnny4ever:

I like those apples!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
OH! I haven't seen them in small pumpkins. That would be super adorable! I'm sure you could do that in any hard fruit/squash type of veggie.

Quoting goddess99:

That would be pretty too, I've also seen candles in small pumpkins, that was cute too.

Quoting natural_s:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM
As for the top one, it says the food can be recycled, and eaten- but wouldn't it get wax on it? Cute idea either way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this

both nice

precious54
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I LIKE THE APPLES FOR FALL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)