Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Would you......

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:16 PM
  • 23 Replies

Would you allow your kids (ages 5-12) go to a rated R movie?

My husband went to see THE PURGE, when it was out in theaters and he saw that there were TONS of Elementary-Middle school aged kids there, some even younger, WITH THEIR PARENTS. What was more disturbing is he said that everytime they had some type of killing being shown in the movie the kids would LAUGH!!!! WTF!!!! Really. Why would a parent subject their child to this? Or even allow their child to see this kind of a movie?

Also when me and my husband went on a date night when Ted was out in theaters, we saw parents bringing their 4 and 5 year old children to this movie?

What is going wrong with the world today?

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
celestegood
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:34 PM
I have NO IDEA! Not to be too outspoken on this subject, but I have never liked scary movies. And even if I do see one, I would never let my kids see it. I was raised to not watch things that were violent or scary. And I don't let mine, either-although our seventeen year old goes to see scary movies with his friends-he can, though-he's old enough. My younger kids, no way.

I think it desensizes them to violence. Not ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:34 PM
*sorry for any mistakes*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:36 PM

nope , i would not

Annie_21
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:37 PM

no need to apologize for mistakes, we are only human.. It does desensize them to violence, really not okay.

As for your 17 yo seeing these movies, I personally see nothing wrong with that. It is almost a freedom once you are 17 to go and see these types of movies. I like your feedback!

LadyBugMom09
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I think the same thing. I don't know why parents take their kids to movies like that.
johnny4ever
Hiking!
Yesterday at 10:55 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I remember when twilight came out and Moms had their Toddlers & Preschoolers watching it

Marisol1106
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:16 AM
No way.
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:36 AM

I would not bring my dd to an R movie.

2Sparrows4ever
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:38 AM

We never really censored our sons unless we knew there were explicit sex scenes 

MichelleMc
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I don't see a need for the younger ones to be there. No need for them to have to see all that, no matter what it is. Kids grow up too early as it is. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)