Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Would you allow your kids (ages 5-12) go to a rated R movie?

My husband went to see THE PURGE, when it was out in theaters and he saw that there were TONS of Elementary-Middle school aged kids there, some even younger, WITH THEIR PARENTS. What was more disturbing is he said that everytime they had some type of killing being shown in the movie the kids would LAUGH!!!! WTF!!!! Really. Why would a parent subject their child to this? Or even allow their child to see this kind of a movie?

Also when me and my husband went on a date night when Ted was out in theaters, we saw parents bringing their 4 and 5 year old children to this movie?

What is going wrong with the world today?

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Replies (21-23):
celestegood
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM
:) Happy you liked my feedback! Honestly, I didn't like him seeing scary movies. But he's old enough to go and do it legally, so I can't say no. lol

I agree. Watching the violent movies does desensitize them to violence. Not ok by any means.

Quoting Annie_21:

no need to apologize for mistakes, we are only human.. It does desensize them to violence, really not okay.

As for your 17 yo seeing these movies, I personally see nothing wrong with that. It is almost a freedom once you are 17 to go and see these types of movies. I like your feedback!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM
What? No way would I take my child to that.

Quoting johnny4ever:

I remember when twilight came out and Moms had their Toddlers & Preschoolers watching it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:05 AM

No they are mot mature enough to handle R movies at that age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)