Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Would you keep or return it?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:20 AM
  • 110 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am watching GMA and just watched an amazing story. A man and his wife bought a desk off of Craigslist in Connecticut the other day. When they got home, the desk was too large to fit in the room, so they took it apart to make it fit. While doing so, they found a bag with $98,000 in cash inside of it.

They called the previous owner to return it. It was the previous owners inheritance. The man who bought the desk said he returned it because the most important thing in life is to be honest.

I have to admit, to find $98,000 in cash would tempt my resolve, but I would return it too.

How about you? Would you consider it a case of finders keepers or would you return it?

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cupcake_mom
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Idk. We are on the bottom right now so i can't say for sure. But i most likely would give it back.
We got a boat for free and noticed that the VIN numbers were ground off and we called the CopsCops because we thought it was stolen. We are still not sure about it, the investigation is still going on, but if it is stolen then we def want to give it back to the owner if it was stolen even though we can make a Lil over a grand if we sold it.
fudgybuddymom
by Linda on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I would be tempted I'll admit but since I have a 14 yr daughter I would probably return it since I want her to learn what honesty & integrity are all about!

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I might think about keeping it but it just wouldn't feel right would have to return it knowing who it belongs to would make it even harder to be able to keep it
momto3B
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I absolutely would have returned it, even if I was broke. I absolutely abhor the "finders keeper's, loser's weepers" mentality. That stament was originally made by someone very selfish. 

emilysmom8
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I would return it..

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I agree with you. I have a 9 year old son. How can I possibly expect him to learn, have and apply integrity in life, if I don't do the same thing.

Quoting Paigesmommy78:

I might think about keeping it but it just wouldn't feel right would have to return it knowing who it belongs to would make it even harder to be able to keep it

Miss_Mandy80
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

As hard as it would be, it would be the right thing to do. I try my best to be a good, honest person. I would return the money. Most definitely.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Idk what I would do. I would Want to keep it but I'm sure I'd return it =/

julainepw
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:43 AM
10 moms liked this
Dude! How could you forget that you left 98k in a desk?
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:26 AM
I just watched that.I would return it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)