Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

advice please

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 12 Replies
So my husband came yesterday night and told me he want a divorce and me for me to move out. All i have is a parttime job. where im i supoose to go with our son? Any advice on what i should do?
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:31 AM
So sorry.Do you have family nearby? Have you suggested counseling?
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Does he own the home or did he have it before you were in the picture? If so you may have to leave. If your name is on the house then most judges will order him out. Look into low income housing, go to you local welfare office and ask what you need to do. I'm sorry you're going through this!

Dora8909
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:03 AM
No were renting an apartment. he said wen the lease expire for me to find a place to go.

Quoting goddess99:

Does he own the home or did he have it before you were in the picture? If so you may have to leave. If your name is on the house then most judges will order him out. Look into low income housing, go to you local welfare office and ask what you need to do. I'm sorry you're going through this!

Dora8909
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:04 AM
I do but there no space there for me and my son.

Quoting johnny4ever:

So sorry.Do you have family nearby? Have you suggested counseling?

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Oh that's too bad. You might want to look into housing now. I know people who have been on the wait list for a year.

Quoting Dora8909:

No were renting an apartment. he said wen the lease expire for me to find a place to go.

Quoting goddess99:

Dora8909
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Do you know where i can sign up for housing?

Quoting goddess99:

Oh that's too bad. You might want to look into housing now. I know people who have been on the wait list for a year.

Quoting Dora8909:

Quoting goddess99:

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Go to your local welfare office and ask them. They will point you in the right direction if they don't handle housing themselves.

Quoting Dora8909:

Do you know where i can sign up for housing?

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting Dora8909:

Quoting goddess99:

whoodathunk
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM

So sorry you're going through this.  Call your priest or local woman's shelter and see if they have a recommenation of where you can go.  

othermom
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:06 AM

So sorry you are dealing with this.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

start inquiring now about your options ; income, housing, food. Right away.  Seek legal aid for the divorce.

Sorry you're going through this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)