Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

spoiled baby=spoiled kid?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 5 Replies

4 month old DD almost is always fussing when I'm not giving her attention. (not crying but like whining) now I always give her attention. I love playing with her. But sometimes her naps are not long enough for me to get what I need to get done around the house.

I always tend to her "whines" & give her attention. But I just hope it's not gonna turn her into a spoiled kid. 

I've been told & have read that spoiling a baby does not mean they will become a spoiled child. Is this true? Or should I let her "whine it out" once in a while?

(( You may have seen this is another group. Just trying to get some answers! )) 

*_live.laugh.love_*

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:57 AM

It won't turn her into a spoiled kid. Right not she is a baby and needs and wants comfort. There is nothing wrong with that. Enjoy your baby now and don't worry about others thinking she may be spoiled. What she will be is confident and secure of your love for her.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:59 AM

let her whine ... bad habits die hard. babies learn quick and are very smart.  Don't let her whine all the time but do it once in a while otherwise you'll end up with a koala baby.  They need to learn to sell soothe once in a while.  I'm talking from experience here ... with my DD.  You're doing yourself and her a favor trust me.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I think caring for your baby isn't going to spoil her, but letting her whine for a couple minutes isn't going to kill her either.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I don't think a spoiled baby necessarily equates to a spoiled child. Especially at that age. Its natural for her to want her mom. But, occasionally letting her fuss will not hurt her either. 

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Love this and agree!

Quoting Reina13:

It won't turn her into a spoiled kid. Right not she is a baby and needs and wants comfort. There is nothing wrong with that. Enjoy your baby now and don't worry about others thinking she may be spoiled. What she will be is confident and secure of your love for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)