Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Breastfeeding Must Haves?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 32 Replies

I'm due in just over 2 months. I've gotten most of the baby stuff crossed off my list. But, I need to start working on what I will need for post-partum and breastfeeding. 

I currently have a decent electric pump (I may upgrade, I'm not totally decided yet) & 5 pairs of reusable nursing pads. I have a few nursing bras, 2 nursing covers, & plan to make myself a nursing tank or two. 

What else am I forgetting? What was one thing that was a lifesaver for you when nursing? 

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 14, 2013 at 6:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmm...I couldn't breastfeed my son because he was allergic.Giving a bump to halp you out.Wish I could of breastfeed!That nasty smell of soy was so awful!

KellyFlavis
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 6:48 AM
1 mom liked this

The most important thing needed for breastfeeding is a happy and fresh you! Everything else is superfluous.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Bump no idea, never breastfed.

MaineMammax2
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I breastfed both of my girls. My oldest for 17months and my youngest for 21months. Personally I found disposable breast pads worked better for me. I leaked ALOT for about 5months when my milk let down. Comfortable easy to use nursing bras helped too. I found with some it was a struggle to unsnap or fold the panel down. Trying to juggle a screaming baby while trying to get your bra to cooperate while spraying milk everywhere is not my idea of fun (although it sounds pretty funny now) Try your bras on and make sure you can use them!
judyneufeld
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you pretty much have everything covered. Just remember some babies take time to latch on. My Madisyn took over two months till she finally learned. Just keep trying and pump pump pump. Relax, don't stress out about it. Ignore anyone who doesn't support breastfeeding. Don't give up and just think of all the special nutrients you are providing for your baby! So excited for you! Good luck with everything!
ToughmommyX2
by New Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump
lizard3731
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I breastfed my 3 children; it sounds like you have everything you need. 

jupiter5
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Boobs lol Jk. For me a nursing bra and burp cloths, I was lucky to not leak a lot. Also tank tops or nursing tops
Sara.Worthey
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM
I needed a nursing pillow for the first few months, otherwise we had positioning issues.
splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Oh! I do need to buy a box of disposable pads too. I leak like crazy already at 31 weeks. The two bras I have now are a bit big. So I'm hoping I can still pull them off once baby comes. If not I will have to special order them which sucks. :/ 

Quoting MaineMammax2:

I breastfed both of my girls. My oldest for 17months and my youngest for 21months. Personally I found disposable breast pads worked better for me. I leaked ALOT for about 5months when my milk let down. Comfortable easy to use nursing bras helped too. I found with some it was a struggle to unsnap or fold the panel down. Trying to juggle a screaming baby while trying to get your bra to cooperate while spraying milk everywhere is not my idea of fun (although it sounds pretty funny now) Try your bras on and make sure you can use them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)