Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Just do it already!!!

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:55 AM
  • 3 Replies

I started working at the job I have now in June.. I only got the job bc dh worked long hours, kids are in school and I was bored at home all day.. dh got laid off in July (he finally went back to work this month) so I needed the job. Well .. I start classes in January, Id like to go full time bc kids are in school all day, but now I feel bad if I just quit this job. Its direct care and I have come to care for the person I sit with. I only work two days a week anyway (like i said it was to cure boredom) so I dont know if its a huge deal..

Just needed to get it out there.. Im curious what other moms opinions are.

For those wondering, dh makes enough money so that I dont have to work, and we wont struggle.

Also, I work 20 miles away from home, only two 8 hour shifts a week, and i get paid only $8.25/hour. Not sure if its even worth driving it anymore.

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:22 AM

ultimately it's your decision can't you combine both school and job ? so your schedule is full and busy ?  If not then for a 20 mile drive @ $8 an hour I would let it go

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I wouldn't bother. You're using alot of gas and wear and tear on your car for very little money.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:23 AM

For me if dh was making enough, I probably would not continue....but your choice.....Hope things will work out:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)