Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Would you be okay if your 4 year old was a model?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:52 AM
  • 12 Replies

Following the suggestions of many friends and strangers, I submitted my son't pictures to 3 reputable modelling agencies. I got a call back from all 3 of them. 1st agency wanted to have an interview, 2nd agency expressed their interest in himbut concern that we live quite far from them and the 3rd agency requested more pictures looking straight at the camera. All the pictures I submitted were taken by me...not professionally taken.

Now that I heard from all 3 agencies I began to really think of the advantages and disadvantages of being a child model and how will it affect my handsome and well-adjusted 4 year old.

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM

well if you have the opportunity, why not. Try it out, it could be some good money for his college fund.  You just have to remember your child's best interest.  When I was little (like 4 or 5) my mom had signed me up too and I was retained to do a commercial.  Once on set I changed my mind and my mom respected my choice.  If he doesn't want, pull him out, please don't be one of those crazy pagent moms

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I know a little girl who models, her mom take her places, been doing it awhile. The mom hasn't complained at all, yet. Give it a shot.

deccaf
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I won't let her.  Unless and until she wants to do it as a teen or older.  I would like my daughter to grow up with a healthy self-image.  She is a ham, loves cameras, and photographers love working with her (personal photos).  Many photographers have even told me that we should not allow her into that life, even though many would want her to model

britmichele
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I want to see your baby! :) I do not want my son to be a model
mycutepup
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Quoting britmichele:

He is really really really beautiful. The hardest thing for me is that he gets more attention than his twin sister no matter where we are/go. He gets special treatment at school, airplane etc because of his look and personality. What prompted me to submit his picture was a stranger's commenence 'I used to work for a modeling agency, if I were still in that business I would pick your son without a doubt. He is unique' She said.
cupcake_mom
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:49 AM
If he wants to and us having fun then yes. If it starts to become too much for him or you, you can always pull him out of it. I say go for it
britmichele
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Post a picture??

Quoting mycutepup:

Quoting britmichele:

He is really really really beautiful. The hardest thing for me is that he gets more attention than his twin sister no matter where we are/go. He gets special treatment at school, airplane etc because of his look and personality. What prompted me to submit his picture was a stranger's commenence 'I used to work for a modeling agency, if I were still in that business I would pick your son without a doubt. He is unique' She said.

mycutepup
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Not just yet.

Quoting mycutepup:

Following the suggestions of many friends and strangers, I submitted my son't pictures to 3 reputable modelling agencies. I got a call back from all 3 of them. 1st agency wanted to have an interview, 2nd agency expressed their interest in himbut concern that we live quite far from them and the 3rd agency requested more pictures looking straight at the camera. All the pictures I submitted were taken by me...not professionally taken.

Now that I heard from all 3 agencies I began to really think of the advantages and disadvantages of being a child model and how will it affect my handsome and well-adjusted 4 year old.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:40 AM

That's great...hope it works out for you...

ashley9603
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM

As long as he enjoys it I dont see why not.It would be a nice savings or college fund...what about his twin?I wouldnt mind seeing a pic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN