Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Women and Money relationship! <3

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hi Mammas,

I was just looking at some insurance policies I have and it came to mind to open up a conversation about Women & Money! I used to be in the financial world prior to having my son and I left it to pursue another burning desire I have just because it offered me the opportunity to be home with my son. I am curious now:

What is your relatioship with Money? How many mommies are in the financial industry here? Are there any questions you might have that I can possibly answer or other mommies answer so we can support each other? How do you view Money? What is Money for you? 

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2004MAMA715
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
The only relationship I have with money is that I never have enough. I was working part time but quit for numerous reasons. Really didn't make much of a difference financially because it cost me most of my check to work.

No questions that I can think of though.
1FiestyFem
by New Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I use to have loads of questions about money but i read a suze orman book and now im confident and more knowledeable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marcela8021
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a great way to start but I would not stop there. Way to go! 

Quoting 1FiestyFem:

I use to have loads of questions about money but i read a suze orman book and now im confident and more knowledeable.

marcela8021
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Congrats for getting out of a situation that was not working for you! It could be quite frustrating. Have you looked into other options? 

Quoting 2004MAMA715:

The only relationship I have with money is that I never have enough. I was working part time but quit for numerous reasons. Really didn't make much of a difference financially because it cost me most of my check to work.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I think money is good and great if managed wisely.....something I would have to work on.

marcela8021
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Very true! working on it myself! 

Quoting delanna6two:

I think money is good and great if managed wisely.....something I would have to work on.

2004MAMA715
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Not too much yet. Taking a little time for myself and my kids but unfortunately I won't be able to do that long. I've always had a job so i don't know what to do next.

Quoting marcela8021:

Congrats for getting out of a situation that was not working for you! It could be quite frustrating. Have you looked into other options? 

Quoting 2004MAMA715:

jurnee14
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I am terrible at managing money. I have made some bad money decisions in my life. Sometimes I didnt see another way though.

marcela8021
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM

We all have Mama! We're not perfect! :) there is a way to improve the "terrible" you are talking about! I think you are being too harsh on yourself!

Quoting jurnee14:

I am terrible at managing money. I have made some bad money decisions in my life. Sometimes I didnt see another way though.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I look at money as a way to live to get get rich.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)