Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Moms of more than one kid... how did you know you wanted another child?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM
  • 5 Replies

My husband and I have a wonderful two year old son. We are really having a hard time deciding whether or not we want another child. I know there is no easy answer for this, but am just wondering how you decided?

We both go back and forth. One day I will want another one, the next day I don't. We are both 35, so we aren't spring chickens anymore. Financally, we are doing ok, not great, but we are comfortable. How will that change with a new kid? The thought of starting all over with the sleepless nights is overwhelming.

On the flip side, we love being parents, and would love our son to have a sibling to grow up with.

Just wondering if anyone else really struggled with this decision.  shrugging

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
johnny4ever
Beautiful day!
Today at 8:35 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a  only who is 10 now.I know we made the right decision.We struggled with it and we are happy just the 3 of us!

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:16 PM

What about being a foster parent?

foxymomof4
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:27 PM
We struggle with that decision too after I had my son and we actually ended up waiting almost 5 years to have another one. But being teen parents played a big part on that after we had my dd I knew wanted a big family and 2 years after my second we had another boy and six months after having him I got pregnant but didn't find out until 4 months later (I was having thyroid problems) we ended with another girl. We were so shocked but happy we had the perfect number (not to mention we had 2 of each gender). I was so excited to send my last baby to school and be able to go back to school and enjoy my free time and finally get my tubal (I wanted to wait until I was 30 to do it), 2 weeks before going in for the tubal I started feeling sick and having nausea which I thought I was coming down with the flu and since I just had my period and was on the pill didn't think much of it well DH says I think you are pregnant and I said shut up I'm not and I was. I was shocked and pissed how could this be happening and now I'm at home taking care of my 5 week sweet surprise:)
Think about the prons and cons and decide from there.
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Hugs....hope things will work out for you whatever you decide...

bamamommy2009
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:13 AM

We had sat down and had said that one day we would try for another, when it happened it was scarey having to start over but suprisingly it was MUCH easier the second time around. Daycare is high for more than one kidMy kids are 2 years and 2 weeks apart. We are currently ttc our 3rd:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)