Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Six month old trying standing ?!

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:30 AM
  • 10 Replies
I am a first time mommy . My daughter is just now six months old and she was pulling her self up the side of the couch to stand today . She doesn't even crawl yet but sometimes she'll rock back and forth on her knees . Also sometimes she'll be sitting next to me and pull herself up over my lap. Is she moving to fast? Is there such a thing as her moving too fast?
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:31 AM
No such thing as moving to fast. Some kids walk at 9 months
JamieBue38
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol no such thing, but she is "advanced" :)
Dd turned 9 months today but she's been pulling herself uo for about a week or two and her Ped says shes advanced. So you got a genius ;)
MagicMonkey
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Nope let her go, she knows how much weight she can take on her legs, ds was walking at 8 months... 

SWEET737
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:58 AM

The youngest age that I ever saw a baby walk was 61/2 months. So it is possible that she could be walking soon. Babies don't stay babies for long. Enjoy every moment with her.

gee18
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Omg 6 ?! That's crazy

Quoting SWEET737:

The youngest age that I ever saw a baby walk is 61/2 months. So it is possible that she could be walking soon. Babies don't stay babies for long. Enjoy every moment with her.

SWEET737
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:05 AM

Yes, we all thought so too. It  was my cousin and that was 20 years ago. Babies get their teeth early, they start talking and reading early. It seems strange but it can happen.

Quoting gee18:

Omg 6 ?! That's crazy

Quoting SWEET737:

The youngest age that I ever saw a baby walk is 61/2 months. So it is possible that she could be walking soon. Babies don't stay babies for long. Enjoy every moment with her.

gee18
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Oh that's pretty cool though but sad, they grow up so fast.. my cousin had a baby who was born with teeth lol

Quoting SWEET737:

Yes, we all thought so too. It  was my cousin and that was 20 years ago. Babies get their teeth early, they start talking and reading early. It seems strange but it can happen.

Quoting gee18:

Omg 6 ?! That's crazy

Quoting SWEET737:

SWEET737
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:26 AM

Wow! Now that's crazy. My son got his first two teeth at 31/2 months and I thought that was early. He is almost 20. I can remember it like it was yesterday. lol And yes, it is sad to see them grow up so fast. I always say, enjoy them while you can because before you know it, they will be out on their own and doing their own thing. So we must show them by our actions and our words that we love them and vise verse.

Quoting gee18:

Oh that's pretty cool though but sad, they grow up so fast.. my cousin had a baby who was born with teeth lol

Quoting SWEET737:

Quoting gee18:

Omg 6 ?! That's crazy

Quoting SWEET737:

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:42 AM

That's great...each child is different with their development...you could always check with your drs...hope she continues to do well:)

sjenkins8208
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:44 AM
She's fine. We are early walkers in my family. My niece and son started walking at 8 months, and my nephew by 9. Ds never even crawled so we had to do some emergency baby proofing!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)