Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Babies with pierced ears

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:11 PM
  • 341 Replies
Just wondering :
what are you alls opinions on getting your baby girls ears pierced?

Yeah or nay? Why / why not
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColleenF30
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:12 PM
58 moms liked this

Her ears her choice when she is old enough to understand and take care of them.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I say nay only because we had problems with that and now my dd can't wear pierced earrings.

almburr
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:26 PM
18 moms liked this
My girls had theirs done as infants. They never had a problem with them. Also they never messed with them.
lullaby572
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM
7 moms liked this

I got mine as a baby. Glad my parents did it for me, saved me time money and fear/anxiety about the whole process.

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:43 PM
7 moms liked this

Its your decision as a parent to make. Whether you make your baby wait when they choose or get it done now which is what i prefer since i made the decision to do it. I made the decision to have both of my girls done. They were both 2 months old when I had thiers done. I was the same age 30 yrs ago when my mom had mine done. It only took a couple mins. Both cried for a couple mins and never gave a damn about them. They never have messed with them and my 5 yr old still doesn't care or mess with her earings. She thinks they are so pretty. The younger the better. If my girls choose to take them out when they are older than thats their choice. Im not one of those poeple that makes a big dang deal about it cause its not a big deal. Im wasn't gonna wait till they were older and they come to me wanting them done and then get scared, whine and cry about the fact that its gonna hurt. Done! Don't have to worry about it. To each and thier own. 

johnny4ever
Beautiful day!
Yesterday at 8:35 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have a girl but I would let her decide

Mish321
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:54 PM
My sister had hers done as a baby. My ears were pierced when I was older and I remember getting my ears infected. I pierced my DD's ears before her 1st birthday.
britmichele
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I had mine done as a baby. I don't have a girl, but if my hubs was fine with it, I'd probably do it as a baby
Proud-mama-05
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:56 PM
My daughter's was done @ 2 months. Just after her 1st shots.
kbutton24
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM
3 moms liked this
Nope. I think it's weird on a baby. Her ears, her choice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)