Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

At my wits end

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:51 PM
  • 21 Replies
My daughter is 4 and I have talked to her pedi about this and she said that I can't have her diagnosed at her age. I have people and her teacher tell me that she could have ADHD or a form of autism. She doesn't listen and she is always hyper. She purposely misbehaves. Hits her brother and sister. I'm at my wits end with her. I don't know what to do anymore. She gets plenty if sleep and eats right. Does this sound like ADHD or autism?

I should add that when she gets punished she hits her head or hits whatever is around her, again I'm so lost on what to do with her. I am not trying to diagnose her. I just want some opinions from other people
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM

All of this doesn't mean that she has adhd or autism but it its simalar to how my daughter acted at preschool last year. But your ped is stupid. She CAN  be diagnosed. Don't let any one else tell you other wise cause you are the parent and you know if there might be something going on.  My daughter was diagnosed last year with adhd and medicated.She is 5 and in kindergarten now and doing so much better and we are blessed with a teacher that knows how to handle her. She has always slept well since birth. When she started preschool last year before she was medicated, she started eating better after that and her teachers noticed it. I would have a couple second opinions if you really think their is an issue. Does she go to preschool? if so does she act like this thier? Thats where our issues started. Keep us updated ;) and if you need someone to talk to than you can pm me ;)

kerriwarenda
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:36 PM
She goes to pre school her teacher said that she has behavior problems and I asked what she thought and she said she could see her having ADHD. It was not a definite yes or no.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

All of this doesn't mean that she has adhd or autism but it its simalar to how my daughter acted at preschool last year. But your ped is stupid. She CAN  be diagnosed. Don't let any one else tell you other wise cause you are the parent and you know if there might be something going on.  My daughter was diagnosed last year with adhd and medicated.She is 5 and in kindergarten now and doing so much better and we are blessed with a teacher that knows how to handle her. She has always slept well since birth. When she started preschool last year before she was medicated, she started eating better after that and her teachers noticed it. I would have a couple second opinions if you really think their is an issue. Does she go to preschool? if so does she act like this thier? Thats where our issues started. Keep us updated ;) and if you need someone to talk to than you can pm me ;)

precious54
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:09 AM

my youngest son has adhd and since he started med he is better

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM

You could try to get an IEP going into Kindergarten so she could start seeing an occupational therapist or someone to help out. But at 4 it's hard to say.

sissy502
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:11 AM

She just sounds like a strong willed child to me.

I'd suggest you not force a label on her.

My 31 yr old son used to bang his head.... I thought for sure he was autistic... but he grew out of those phases. (he does have add though)

sissy502
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't let a teacher diagnose a medical condition. 

Quoting kerriwarenda:

She goes to pre school her teacher said that she has behavior problems and I asked what she thought and she said she could see her having ADHD. It was not a definite yes or no.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I'm really not sure but here is a bump!

Angelmevans
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:56 AM
My youngest is autistic. It may be something else. I would try citing out blue and red food dyes. My kids get very hyper when they have it and their behavior gets out if control
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:37 AM

I would get her into a setting where they can diagnose her if she does have adhd.My son is on a IEP for short term memory & anxiety

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Very true and I agree. Because we had one heck of a time with my daughters teacher last year. Even though she knew somehting was up...she sure was pretty darn sure that my child had Aspergers and that her doctor mis-diagnosed her.lol! It got ugly because she was trying to play the White Glove game as our pediatrician calls it.lol!!  But if you are noticing it at home and they are noticing something at school then get it checked out because if it was something then it should be started right away because all of this takes time. 

Quoting sissy502:

Don't let a teacher diagnose a medical condition. 

Quoting kerriwarenda:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN