Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I the only mom guilty of this?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM
  • 143 Replies
Yes, I admit it. I've been a mom for seventeen years. I have, on more than one ocassion, said, "Better be good-Santa is watching! You want presents, don't you?". I have been notified that is bad parenting.
I don't rely on Santa. I rarely say that. But sometimes, the thought of more presents at christmas does make a kid straighten up.
My mom used it. I use it. So do you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmybug
by Amanda on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:07 AM
2 moms liked this
No, I actually don't. I don't like bribing my child with anything. She is very strong-willed and would try to walk all over me then. Lol. And I'm not about to let THAT happen.
celestegood
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Mine is strong willed too! Well, my third child is. I have used it once this year, twice last year. Obviously, it didn't work well. How would she walk all over you if you used be good or santa will put you on the bad list?

Quoting luvmybug:

No, I actually don't. I don't like bribing my child with anything. She is very strong-willed and would try to walk all over me then. Lol. And I'm not about to let THAT happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by Amanda on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Quoting celestegood:

Mine is strong willed too! Well, my third child is. I have used it once this year, twice last year. Obviously, it didn't work well. How would she walk all over you if you used be good or santa will put you on the bad list?

Quoting luvmybug:No, I actually don't. I don't like bribing my child with anything. She is very strong-willed and would try to walk all over me then. Lol. And I'm not about to let THAT happen.

She's 9 and still kinda believes, but not really. I just don't want to use a fictional character to help me get her to behave. She's going to find out soon enough that there is no Santa. I just don't parent like that in general. It's bribing them to be good with gifts. I just don't like that. She should just be good to be good, not because someone isn't going to give her a present if she acts up.
celestegood
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't argue with that :) True enough.
I have said it once or twice when they were four or five.
Quoting luvmybug:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting luvmybug:No, I actually don't. I don't like bribing my child with anything. She is very strong-willed and would try to walk all over me then. Lol. And I'm not about to let THAT happen.

She's 9 and still kinda believes, but not really. I just don't want to use a fictional character to help me get her to behave. She's going to find out soon enough that there is no Santa. I just don't parent like that in general. It's bribing them to be good with gifts. I just don't like that. She should just be good to be good, not because someone isn't going to give her a present if she acts up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:04 AM
3 moms liked this

Your not a bad parent. Ignore all the crap

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Not anymore....Daniel is 10!

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:43 AM
2 moms liked this

I've used it.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you;) I do my best.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Your not a bad parent. Ignore all the crap

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM
I am sure I'm one of many! Lol

Quoting goddess99:

I've used it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Awwww they grow up too fast don't they. Elijah will be twelve in January. I'd like to know where those years went.

Quoting johnny4ever:

Not anymore....Daniel is 10!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)