Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

tailbone pain after giving birth

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:28 AM
  • 19 Replies
Hi ladies,
I was just wondering if anyone has experienced pain in the coccyx or have coccydynia after givingbirth. Did your baby injure your tailbone? If so what did you do to eleviate pain? I am in the process of losing weight by biking and excersizing, but long periods of that is excrucuatingly painful. HELP
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doostica
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Bump
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a csection but here's a Bump.

doostica
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Bump
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:53 AM

bump

2Sparrows4ever
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:59 AM

BUMP!

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Did not have this.....I would say try checking with your drs....hope things will get better...

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Sitting on a hard chair, with no cushion, actually kept the pressure off my tailbone. I broke mine before I had children by falling off a horse; it healed a bit bent under. My daughter was a posterior presentation and put a lot of pressure on the tailbone during labor. I was pretty sore for a week or ten days after the birth.
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Did you call the Nurse for advice?
doostica
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Thank you!!

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Sitting on a hard chair, with no cushion, actually kept the pressure off my tailbone. I broke mine before I had children by falling off a horse; it healed a bit bent under. My daughter was a posterior presentation and put a lot of pressure on the tailbone during labor. I was pretty sore for a week or ten days after the birth.
doostica
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:32 PM
I got advice from my aunt who is a nurse, the obvious answer she gave me of course was to get an xray, bit sje told me that the only thing they can do is give me pain killers and wait for it to heal which takes a VERY lpng time or surgery to completely rmove the coccyx. I just want to know of natural remedies.

Quoting johnny4ever:

Did you call the Nurse for advice?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)